Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Against better judgement I felt the need to rebuild my first real mountain bike. With a spare 27.5 wheelset sitting around, I decided to see if it fit the rear triangle with Specialized 2" Fast Trak tires. It does, so now it's gonna be a rigid steel fork 27.5 machine. Got all the parts, gonna slap it together tomorrow. SRAM NX 1x11 crank/drivetrain, cheap Shimano hydraulic brakes, and miscellaneous parts bin stuff.

I'll be snickered at by everyone at the trail centers, but it's gonna be fun as hell!

upload pic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I guess the sentimental value skewed my point of view, it might be a little small for me hahaha but fun project nonetheless! Probably going to be a friend bike for getting people to ride mtbs and not be riding a Walmart bike.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What size frame? I have a medium 2006 HardRock and I tried to fit 27.5 wheels with tires and the rear didn't clear the rear triangle. That frame doesn't have the 2006 paint scheme, so it may be a later model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.