Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mz-3 fork on my 06 hardrock pro disc is crap. I am doing xc mostly, but a little switchbacks and some rocky terrain so I love my hardtail, and the beefy frame. For me it is between xc and all mountain, which suits me. However I am on a quest to lighten it up a bit and get better forks. Any suggestions?

P.S. - if anyone can find the stock weight on my bike i would GREATLY appreciate it, I cannot find it anywhere.

P.P.S. - budget = $300+/-

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi

i am going about the same job at the moment, only i have bought a 2006 fox vanilla R, which i am still going to set to the 100mm travel setting.

did the upgrade make any great improvements for you???? I ride a lot of x country with some steep really long descents, lots of roots loose rocks etc and find the MZ3 does a lot of kicking up and seems quite skitish.....

also going for 203mm Shimano Sts when i can afford to as the Hayes barely stop me at times.

what do you guys think of that setup??????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.