Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at one of the LBS here in Bend oregon, said the 06 rig is going to be steel. They just sold the last 19 inch rig, but they still have one on demo. I was pretty excited for the aluminum rig, but what's the scoop w/ the steel? is this true?

·
17.5" pistons of love
183 Posts
ness2401 said:
The guy at one of the LBS here in Bend oregon, said the 06 rig is going to be steel. They just sold the last 19 inch rig, but they still have one on demo. I was pretty excited for the aluminum rig, but what's the scoop w/ the steel? is this true?
The only thing steel about a Rig will be the fork if you get a frame set.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
No, and no.

Just got back from the release, and the Rig is again Alu, and if you buy the frameset, the fork is rigid and alu.

There is, however, a steel EBB bike offered, Its of the 26" variety though.

·
17.5" pistons of love
183 Posts
~martini~ said:
No, and no.

Just got back from the release, and the Rig is again Alu, and if you buy the frameset, the fork is rigid and alu.

There is, however, a steel EBB bike offered, Its of the 26" variety though.
I guess I was referring to the fork, but I bet the steerer will be steel. :D

That will be a rocket of a frameset!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i checked Dexter today and it looks like GF is offering a steel bike that is categorized with the 29er......apparently the rig is going to be kinda plum/black and (this is old news) sold as a frame set and as a complete.
the steel bike, Ferrous(sp?) will be offered as a complete and frame set......if i am letting out industry secrets,pm me, i will tell you where i live so you can come and kill me Gary.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
bike_fuhrer said:
the steel bike, Ferrous(sp?) will be offered as a complete and frame set......if i am letting out industry secrets,pm me, i will tell you where i live so you can come and kill me Gary.
No industry secrets to let out. They released the line last night. The Ferrous is a steel, EBB, 26" rig. Comes complete w/gears, or you can buy frameset w/rigid fork.

Attachments

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
This Ferrous is kinda "Bontrager-ish"

The really funny thing about the show bike was that it had a warning sticker on the non-drive chainstay saying that it was a "show only" proto- not to be ridden. And it was easy to see why, because the tires knobs were jammed into the chainstays! Not long enough stays! Besides, the little silverish thing you see under the seat tube slot is where there will be gussets on the production model. They are going to be in about three or four other places on that bike.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
The really funny thing about the show bike was that it had a warning sticker on the non-drive chainstay saying that it was a "show only" proto- not to be ridden. And it was easy to see why, because the tires knobs were jammed into the chainstays! Not long enough stays! Besides, the little silverish thing you see under the seat tube slot is where there will be gussets on the production model. They are going to be in about three or four other places on that bike.
You mean this sticker?

Fake Everything...except fork....too funny.

Bummed I missed ya Ted. Did you have a good show?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.