Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, a local shop said that for about $US50 they can turn a F100 R into an F100 RLC. Is that true? Can you add the parts to upgrade to an F100X for a little more money?

The prices seemed too cheap to me, and it also seems a little too easy ... but maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
the R to RLC shouldn't be very complicated (not sure about price though), to F100X should be a lot more expensive I suppose, but not necessarily complicated either..

G

·
$$$$50 dolllars WTF

All you need to do is buy a new cartridge, either and X or RLC and drop it in. Maybe new decals if you want. SImple procedure but $50 dollars, the cartridge alone is at least triple that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoaohohohoh said:
$$$$50 dolllars WTF

All you need to do is buy a new cartridge, either and X or RLC and drop it in. Maybe new decals if you want. SImple procedure but $50 dollars, the cartridge alone is at least triple that.
Thanks. So it can be done though, they werent just talking rubbish. Thanks.

Is it just the cartridge to swap (and knobs on the top?)? I've got some X's, but was looking at some second hand R's, which I'd like to upgrade for another bike. Do you know if 2004's, 2005's and 2006's have interchangeable internals?

Thanks

G

·
stillkeen said:
Thanks. So it can be done though, they werent just talking rubbish. Thanks.

Is it just the cartridge to swap (and knobs on the top?)? I've got some X's, but was looking at some second hand R's, which I'd like to upgrade for another bike. Do you know if 2004's, 2005's and 2006's have interchangeable internals?

Thanks
Yes and no would be my answer, it depends on the parts your swaping. Usually its just easier to buy a new cartridge and be done with it then, take apart cartridges and swap parts back and forth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.