Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my O6 Fly frame and I have almost finished building it, just the cassette, chaindevice and gears to sort out. Its a medium frame and the spec is as follows:
Fox 40RC2s
Hope 6pots 203mm Rotors
Floating Brake
Ti Currnet shock
DT DH Rims built on Hope Bulbs, with Comp spokes and Pro lock nipples
Sram XO rear mech, and XO Triggers
Sram X Gen front mech
Goodridge brake lines
Raceface Diablous Bars,stem,seatpost,cranks,headset
Flight saddle
Maxxis Minions 2.5, with Nokian DH Tubes
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my Frame is an 06, I got it through my local Bike shop and the frame was supplied by Hotlines the main UK supplier of Foes. Im sure yours will turn up soon. The Mechanic in the shop where I got my frame had his before me and his also is an 06 only its black ;)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Hmmm, Thats weird. I was told, by the second guy in charge, that no 06 Flys had been sent out yet. They even told me the first 06 batch wont be back from the painters till Friday. Sounds like they are fibbin me or your bike shop is fibbin you.

The 06 is suppose to have a few more gussets than the 05. Have you been able to compare?

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
thats one sickass bike, but i doubt thats an 06, they also told me that the 06 havent been realesed yet, and it looks to be the exact same as my new 05 foes. but still, 05 or 06, bike is ill, i love mine, just needs the ti spring like your and it will be pretty much perfect, they wer out of stock when i got mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I talked with Foes again and the 06 Flys will ship Fri or early next week. I had them paint mine a custom Intense orange. I cant wait. I loved my 02.5 Fly. Im going to try and see if I can see the differences between the 05 and 06. From what Foes told me, the 06 has a few gussets where the 05 cracked. They said it wasnt a big problem in the 05s but they didnt want it to happen again in 06.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kanter said:
I talked with Foes again and the 06 Flys will ship Fri or early next week. I had them paint mine a custom Intense orange. I cant wait. I loved my 02.5 Fly. Im going to try and see if I can see the differences between the 05 and 06. From what Foes told me, the 06 has a few gussets where the 05 cracked. They said it wasnt a big problem in the 05s but they didnt want it to happen again in 06.
Ive been thinking on what you have been saying about the delivery dates, I was origionally going to go for an 06 Small Fly, but changed my order to the medium. I was going to have to wait till late December/early Jan for the Small, but Hotlines claimed to have an 06 Medium in stock, so thats what I went for. If it is indeed an 05 im not that worried or concerned, The bike is Awesome, and the build quality is second to none, I cant wait to start hitting the trails. :D

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The 05 and 06 sizing is different too.

nothing 05=06 small
05 small=06 medium
05 meidum=06 large
05 large= nothing

They moved everything down one size because people complained about the sizing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kanter said:
The 05 and 06 sizing is different too.

nothing 05=06 small
05 small=06 medium
05 meidum=06 large
05 large= nothing

They moved everything down one size because people complained about the sizing.
Ive nothing to complain about the size of mine, I feel very comfortable on it. ;)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
kanter said:
Im lovin it. Mines orange
Well, mine was suppose to be orange. I talked with Foes today and the paint shop painted mine the wrong color. Now, I have to wait another week or two to get it stripped and repainted. Real nice. I had a bike trip planned for the beginning of Jan. Not gonna happen now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
post a comparison review

I own a 2.5 fly, just wondering if the ride quality is any better in the newer models. I was just hoping that you would post a comparison review when you get some miles under the tires.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you complain alot about delivery times, but keep in mind that Foes went out of their way to make you a CUSTOM bike. if you wanted a black one, you probably would have received it much sooner. one-off stuff always takes longer and requires patience.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Jordan said:
you complain alot about delivery times, but keep in mind that Foes went out of their way to make you a CUSTOM bike. if you wanted a black one, you probably would have received it much sooner. one-off stuff always takes longer and requires patience.
Well, I was told I would have my bike end of November and I could have any color. Then I got a call saying beginning of Dec. Then a few weeks later I got a email saying mid December. Then in early Jan I called and they said there was a mix up and the front 1/2 of my bike was orange and the rear 1/2 was red and it would be 2 weeks. The bike arrived 3 weeks later. So my bike was almost 2 months late from when I was first told I would have it.

My bike was not a one off bike. Foes has a paint shop paint their bikes. Mine went with the first batch of 06 Flys to the paint shop.

So when the bike shows up its missing a nut on a main pivot. I ordered 2 extra derailers and they were not in the box. Plus there was no receipt. I checked the CC company and I had been charged for 2 extra derailers.

All in all Im happy with my Fly but it was a real pain in the butt. This was a crash replacement too. My 02.5 Fly, well an 03, had cracked in 3 different spots. I wont go into the pricing part.

All in all, bike companys should never give a date of arrival if they can not deliver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
nobody242424 said:
thats one sickass bike, but i doubt thats an 06, they also told me that the 06 havent been realesed yet, and it looks to be the exact same as my new 05 foes. but still, 05 or 06, bike is ill, i love mine, just needs the ti spring like your and it will be pretty much perfect, they wer out of stock when i got mine...
Hey! Is urr frame a small or medium??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.