Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little brother needs a bike, he is 16 and only has 200 bucks to spend. I found this bike on craigslist for 110 bucks. No idea the condition but we could clean it up need be. What do you guys think?

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Got a link to the ad? $100 is a solid price for it, if it is truly a 06 model of the Marlin and if it is in decent shape.

Check it out in person and see what kind of condition it is in and what kind of repairs would need to be done.

·
jalopy jockey
551 Posts
A '96 Marlin in good shape is worth 100 bucks. If you can handle old school.

Seriously though, if he's only got $200 that bike is a great way to go if it's in decent shape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an 05 Marlin, I love the bike, make sure it actually is a 06 a lot of listings on craigslist give different years,

check gary fisher's archives, http://fisherbikes.com/bike/archivemodel/222 and compare to the bike for sale.

My marlin is stock except for spd pedals. I got a good deal on it, but that deal seems better, I took my first trail with it last year and have been hooked.

I would recommend the bike especially for 100.

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
I've got an 05 Marlin, I love the bike, make sure it actually is a 06 a lot of listings on craigslist give different years,

check gary fisher's archives, Marlin | Gary Fisher Bicycles and compare to the bike for sale.

My marlin is stock except for spd pedals. I got a good deal on it, but that deal seems better, I took my first trail with it last year and have been hooked.

I would recommend the bike especially for 100.
Yep yep yep. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts