Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2006 Egg Beater 4ti pedals!!!

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  doktoree 
#1 · (Edited)
Eggbeater 4Ti - Silver with Gold Spindle and Gold Spring, 167 Pair!!

Makes my Candy 4ti pedals look heavy. But the price in Europe right now is 599€, ouch!!!!

No info for US release yet! I still like having a platform with the candy SL and under 200g for way, way less money!!

But this is now the new BLING, BLING pedal!

Also thake a look at the new Twin Ti pedal for 2006 (2nd Picture.).
I like the black color!
Same claimed weight of 218g

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Not really scientific, a single pedal on a scale, when you need two. It may ust as well be 83.9g each, or 168 the set.
I think it's criminal to make such expensive pedals. One can buy a perfectly fine 29" singlespeed bike WITH pedals for that amount!

#4 ·
Cloxxki said:
Not really scientific, a single pedal on a scale, when you need two. It may ust as well be 83.9g each, or 168 the set.
I think it's criminal to make such expensive pedals. One can buy a perfectly fine 29" singlespeed bike WITH pedals for that amount!
i agree with you (but im not a ww) but remember: the name of this forum is save some weight , not "use your head" or "save your money".....

#5 ·
Cloxxki said:
Not really scientific, a single pedal on a scale, when you need two. It may ust as well be 83.9g each, or 168 the set
you're wrong Cloxxki. If scale displays 83g it means pedal weighs from 82.6 to 83.5g (or from 82.5 to 83.4g). So pedal on the picture could not weigh 83.9.

anyway you're right we have to put both pedals on scale to know how much weigh the pair.

#7 ·
eurorider said:
I agree, the price is outrageous. It would make much more sense to buy some Twin Ti for ~$150 and then if someone would offer some short Ti axles for ~$50 you would have 170 g pedals for hundreds less!
I doubt by adding the shorter Ti spindles to the Twin Ti's will bring the weight down to 170g considering the shorter spindles only brought my Triple Ti's to 180... :p

#8 ·
Oh, but you bought the CB short Ti spindles. There's been lighter ones made by guys in Poland and the Ukraine which are also about 4-5 mm shorter than the long ones.

My Triple Ti were 183 g stock so the short ones would be good for about 13 g savings. You can also change the steel locknuts to aluminum. Should be good for 1-2 g further savings.

#9 ·
doktoree said:
you're wrong Cloxxki. If scale displays 83g it means pedal weighs from 82.6 to 83.5g (or from 82.5 to 83.4g). So pedal on the picture could not weigh 83.9.

anyway you're right we have to put both pedals on scale to know how much weigh the pair.
Sorry, I didn't know we had the scale's software programmer on our board.

#10 · (Edited)
Cloxxki said:
Sorry, I didn't know we had the scale's software programmer on our board.
Oh, don't be malicious Cloxxki. You wrote

in fact your "83.9g" and "168" weren't really scientific either. you needn't be a scale's programmer to know such simple things. back to primary school and learn maths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.