Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps,

Not bad with suspension, having stripped and rebuilt everything I have owned in the past.

However, just received my new Iron Horse Sunday with the Rock Shox Team forks.

Browsing through the manual, it appears to suggest that there are two springs internally, but the exploded diagrams show only one. Instructions are rubbish!

Before I start stripping this to set it up well, does anyone know a good source for either an exploded view of the fork, or has anyone got diagrams/pics etc.

Pre-load side (LH) simple as there is only a top cap. RH has floodgate and low speed compression on the top, as well as what appears to be top cap. Before I start pulling these apart, what's inside?!

I have already ordered one softer (silver) spring as I only weigh 150lbs and the stock yellow springs are too stiff. Now if there are two springs, I may have to order another?.....

Thoughts/directions/advice all gratefully received.

Many thanks,

ChamMTB

p.s. give me a Fox product - now there are clear diagrams! These RS ones are rubbish (but not as bad as the 888 Marz instructions!)

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I haven't ever seen an literature....

drawings or internal parts diagram for the 06 Team that showed or listed anything other than a single coil spring in the left leg and your dampers in the right leg of the Boxxer Team or Race. The only dual coil Boxxer right now is the Boxxer Ride. Your porblem I think is "browsing" through the manual and not reading it! I've found Rock Shox manuals to be very good since SRAM took control, and there are detailed drawings on their website for all of their forks under the heading of "Spare Parts Catalogs". The Catalogs give excellent expoloded drawings along with part listings and part numbers. Here's the link http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/07_RockShox_SPC_Boxxer_B Print.pdf . If this doesn't work go to www.sram.com . Once there at the bottom of the page click on service. One on the Service page look for the RS logo and look all the way to the right for the heading "For Dealers". Under it click on the Spare Parts Lists link. The document you are looking for is third from the bottom of the list. It says 2007 Rock Shox Spare Parts Catalog - Boxxer. But it contains drawings and spare parts lists for the entire 05-07 Boxxer line. The page you want is the 5th page of the document. It covers the 06-07 Boxxer Team and Race since there were no changes between the 06 and 07 models of these forks. Hope that helps you out. Still think their drawings and such are crap?

Good Dirt

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ride is not dual coil either. All Boxers till 2005 (excluding Ride 2005) were dual spring, while all of them starting 2006 have single coil (or air).
Con't know how did you find out in the manual that Boxxer Team 06 is dual coil.... I also those manuals and service guides are quite good and helpful.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate - must admit - I skim read

That's what I needed. Makes sense too. But the drafting in the main part of the manual is less than clear. I did read it a couple of times quickly. Diagrams were fine, but terminology in plural. I knew earlier forks were dual spring...

Shall now strip them and set them up nice. Cheers!

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
My mistake....

goRz said:
Ride is not dual coil either. All Boxers till 2005 (excluding Ride 2005) were dual spring, while all of them starting 2006 have single coil (or air).
Con't know how did you find out in the manual that Boxxer Team 06 is dual coil.... I also those manuals and service guides are quite good and helpful.
The 05 Ride was single coil, the 05 World Cup and Team were dual coil. In 06 the Ride went to single coil. For this year they dropped the Ride, added the Race which is single coil, the Team is single coil, and the World Cup went to Air!

Man with that many changes it's easy to get confused even when you know! Anyway my mistake. :D

Good Dirt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.