Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 Blizzard frame-Value?

Well,

Due to previous ongoing bodily injuries I am finding out that riding a hardtail is becoming increasingly more difficult for me. As much as I don't want to, I am considering selling my Blizzard frame. Sorry if this sounds like an ad I just want to give out as much information as possible so I can set an accurate price.

The frame is a 17.5" 2006 model which is like new except for the fact that it was built into a bike and used for a few rides. There is no dents, dings, scratches, or any other damage to the frame.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I was actually looking for an estimated value of what it's worth if I sell the frame. I normally don't ask these types of questions in the forums, but I searched ebay, mtbr classifieds, and my local classifieds and there has not been any Blizzards for sale or sold anywhere for quite some time.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Like so many things, it's worth what you can get from the market. Typically you're going to take a 33% depreciation hit as soon as you leave the shop, and then some additional loss based on the use.

The 2006 was the only Blizzard to depart from the black/white paint scheme in recent history, so you may have some people that are really looking for the silver/white scheme rather than the silver/black of the 2007 frame, or black/white of the 2005 and earlier frames.

Right now Cambria Bike Outfitters has 2006 Blizzard clearance frames in 14.5" and 16" sizes for $499US, so a good used 2006 frame is likely to max out around $400-$450 US.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sorry to hear that Slugobikes. I hope I can at least get $400 so I can afford a dual suspension frame. I have to say I love the bike and the ride but the military abused my body before I had a chance to do it myself mountain biking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.