Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question. What's the weight of a 2006 Azure Comp, size 19"?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really? No one in the Iron Horse forum has ever thrown this bike on the scale?

·
Registered
87 Posts
This might help

I have a 2006 Azure Expert. The weight is presently exactly 28 lbs. with the following modifications: XT cranks and cassette, Fizik Nisene HP saddle, Kenda 2.1" Small Block 8 tires and Time Atac XS pedals.

I weighed the bike stock without pedals but I can't remember off the top of my head what it was. I think I posted it in a thread called Azure has Arrived or something like that though. Search and you'll find it.

Anyway, I will guess that the weight of a 2006 Azure Comp 19" is at least 29 lbs., unless I just got unlucky and got mine at the portly end of the tolerance spectrum.

Edit: Mine is also 19"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Vikingfan said:
I have a 2006 Azure Expert. The weight is presently exactly 28 lbs. with the following modifications: XT cranks and cassette, Fizik Nisene HP saddle, Kenda 2.1" Small Block 8 tires and Time Atac XS pedals.

I weighed the bike stock without pedals but I can't remember off the top of my head what it was. I think I posted it in a thread called Azure has Arrived or something like that though. Search and you'll find it.

Anyway, I will guess that the weight of a 2006 Azure Comp 19" is at least 29 lbs., unless I just got unlucky and got mine at the portly end of the tolerance spectrum.

Edit: Mine is also 19"
it is around 30-31lbs with pedals and heavier tires than stock.

·
Registered
87 Posts
where do you see 2006 weights on the website? from what i can see, everything on the website is 2007 bikes, which use a different frame material for the azure (6069 vs. 6061) from 2006, so not sure those 07 weights are particularly relevant for an 06 question.

·
Registered
510 Posts
They are as good as my scale for the 2006 sport. +/- half a lb.

The 2007 weights are About the same as the 2006 weights on a model by model basis.

The best way to drop weight is get an 2006 XTR 28 hole rear hub from Jenson for $65 and a Stans ZTR olympic rim (350g) for $75. Lace up a new rear wheel and run it tubeless with a Maxxis Larsen TT eXCeption 1.9" (380g) tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.