Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
yes both sides have oil. The spring side is simple being it's an open bath. The TST side is is in the cart. You'll need to find the video how to do it, as I couldn't possibly explain it here.

Not that I could even remember?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
There is also lubrication oil in the TST side. If your TST is fine you don't need to service it and can just put fresh oil in the fork leg. The Marzocchi site has oil level charts.

Go to Warps website for just about everything you need to know about the All Mountain 1 including a video on TST service.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have new 2007 AM2 SL (tst2 damping) and it has only 140mm of travel, so 20mm less than it should have. Some 55 forks have the same problem and Marzocchi Tech Department said that the reason is too much oil in tst cartridge. Is this also problem with my fork? Is the repairing procedure the same as for 55?
Marzocchi Tech Department said:
You need to remove the TST2 cartridge from the fork. Make sure the lock-out is in the open position. Then loosen the nut on the bottom of the cartridge and compress it completely. Do this with it upside down. If it is over filled some oil will come out. You can then retighten the endcap and reinstall it in the fork with 30cc's of oil in the stanchion for lubrication. Make sure everything is tight. Game on.
How much oil (weight 7.5?) goes into stanchion, also 30cc's?

700 Posts
Snakes said:
I have new 2007 AM2 SL (tst2 damping) and it has only 140mm of travel, so 20mm less than it should have. Some 55 forks have the same problem and Marzocchi Tech Department said that the reason is too much oil in tst cartridge. Is this also problem with my fork? Is the repairing procedure the same as for 55?

How much oil (weight 7.5?) goes into stanchion, also 30cc's?
It sounds like the same dealio as the 55 TST. sorry

30cc's is correct.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
TST's with external bladders are a bit different and a bit more involved.
Speaking of which... How do you bleed a 2007 TST5???

I've found out they're not the same as the 2006/2005 TST and instructions for those are useless on the 2007's.

The topcap can't be separated from the cartridge, for starters.

Then, removing the compression assembly also separates the top sleeve for the bladder???

How do you service those?
Remove the rebound side of the cart and work from there??

Thanks for any help!

700 Posts
The top cap can be removed, it most likely has loc-tite on the thread. I just took one apart the other day.

This cartridge has an internal bladder and once the top cap has been removed with the entire compression assembly attached (I don't recommend taking that apart). Now change the oil.

Once you have the cartridge filled, extend it to it's maximum. You can now install the compression assembly....SLOWLY. Keep the cartridge extended. You should be able to drop the whole unit in and tighten the cap.

Now with the whole unit together, flip it up side down and cycle the unit. If you hear air, stop after a few cycles. Now loosen the bottom cap (rebound side) with the unit upside down still. Remove it and add oil to top it off and let the air bubbles seep out. You might want to wait a few minutes for all the air to float up. Now reinstall bottom cap/assembly and try again. You should be good to go.

Make sure the cartridge gets full travel before reinstalling in the fork.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
The top cap can be removed, it most likely has loc-tite on the thread. I just took one apart the other day.

This cartridge has an internal bladder and once the top cap has been removed with the entire compression assembly attached (I don't recommend taking that apart). Now change the oil.
Tom,

Firstly, thanks a lot for the speedy and detailed response.

But I think we're talking different units.

I'm talking about a 2007 TST5 (from an AM1SL)... It has an external bladder. However as you mention, the topcap comes off with the whole compression assembly.

I'm attaching pics for us to understand each other...
The first one shows the cart body.

The second the compression unit (the one in the picture as you can see was damaged, it came like that from factory)... Sorry, but I took off the compression piston and the spring loaded blow-off in the picture.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.