Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lez go.
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one of these yesterday. Anything I should know right off the bat aside from that one adjustment knob that seems to fall off? I had an 06 VF2 that needed more oil than what it had when it shipped.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
People always state how MZ's ship low on oil -- advice is always to break it in (ride it until it isnt sticky no mo') then swap the oil and BAM! YOU"RE GOOD!

Make sure the allen key is tight (not overtight)

And where did you get it? Hook up? Any more for sale? I am looking for a decent deal - I got a 66 RC2x (2006) from Jenson for 492.

·
I bike long tyme.
1,107 Posts
Yeah, make sure the dealer gives it to you with the killer cordura case that comes with it. Good buy, you're gonna love it.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
I like to get fork oil and lube the top seal and stanctions before I ride.....seems to help speed up break in period

·
Lez go.
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huck Banzai said:
And where did you get it? Hook up? Any more for sale? I am looking for a decent deal - I got a 66 RC2x (2006) from Jenson for 492.
Check out eBay item # 220063933310 -- I didn't win that one, but I got it off the same guy/bike dealer who was selling one on pinkbike. Same price incl/ship from CAN. I've been trolling mtbr, pinkbike, and ebay every day for the past 2 months looking for one of these and this is the best price yet -- $705. The best I found before that one was $740 for a slightly used.

I figure with what everyone's planning on building up at Platty this spring, I gotta step it up from the VF2...

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
MZ doesnt have any more of the Cordura bags - unles syou find some languishing inventory; they havent packaged them with forks for over a year according to CS.

I whined and thought Jenson had gypped me out of mine - but a call to MZ shut me down!

WAAH

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I like to get fork oil and lube the top seal and stanctions before I ride.....seems to help speed up break in period
Judy Butter? Yesssss....

after a ride I wipe the stanchys and drip a couple drops of TriFlow on seals - let it settle - cycle fork - wipe - GRAVY! (ooh... and cheese too!)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Judy Butter? Yesssss....

after a ride I wipe the stanchys and drip a couple drops of TriFlow on seals - let it settle - cycle fork - wipe - GRAVY! (ooh... and cheese too!)
once every week for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.