Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo
im very interested in buying a 2006 661 Launch Helmet http://sixsixone.com/catalog.aspx?id=1481b144-636c-4966-baf1-9750f828df71&pl=BIKE
I can get it at half price from some sponcership thing, so money is not really an issue
but it is a moto helmet
i currently have a pro-tec Ace Spade, not the best helmet on the market... hah but i was in a pretty bad crash with it and i got cracks in it, and i would like to get a Launch i think they look real cool, but i dont want it to be to heavy
does anyone have any reviews or the weight of the helmet?

thanks alot

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Is the Launch a moto? I don't think it is really. The moto helmets tend to have Dot and Snell approved crash ratings. You could pick up a 2005 661 Flight for pretty cheap now (About 250) and thats a rediculously burly helmet for serious mountain biking.

However my thing is this, when a helmet cracks and you get up and walk away from the crash, I don't think you should blame your helmet. You got up and walked away, right? Your helmet might be completley toast, but you're not, so it did its job.

I own a 661 helmet and its great. Not as good as my Deviant, but it was great (Especially for 50 bucks!)

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raptordude said:
Is the Launch a moto? I don't think it is really. The moto helmets tend to have Dot and Snell approved crash ratings. You could pick up a 2005 661 Flight for pretty cheap now (About 250) and thats a rediculously burly helmet for serious mountain biking.

However my thing is this, when a helmet cracks and you get up and walk away from the crash, I don't think you should blame your helmet. You got up and walked away, right? Your helmet might be completley toast, but you're not, so it did its job.

I own a 661 helmet and its great. Not as good as my Deviant, but it was great (Especially for 50 bucks!)
they are DOT approved....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Raptordude said:
The 06 TLD Carbon line I believe is not Dot or Snell approved moto ratings, only the TLD SE is I believe.

On Pricepoint right now they have the Flight on sale for 250 in sizes medium and large if you got enough cash to cough up.
The new Giro is pretty good lookin...you guys are homos anyway

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
im not a millionaire enough to get tld....snif
The 06 TLD Carbon line I believe is not Dot or Snell approved moto ratings, only the TLD SE is I believe.

On Pricepoint right now they have the Flight on sale for 250 in sizes medium and large if you got enough cash to cough up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.