Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another 2005 story...

This one is worth remembering because it's my best riding year ever. With my toddlers growing up and allowing more free time, my New Years Resolution was meet more bikers!

The stars aligned and I met some awesome, awesome people.

The year started out with a bang as I joined Greg Gardner's big ride. 40 miles in January. Now that's worth getting up for.

click to enlarge​
</a>

Also in January, Tommy aka 'DirtDevil' visited from sunny Puerto Rico. We demonstrated the redwood forest of Soquel

click to enlarge​
</a>

Then March came around and the Sea Otter thing happened. I did a road race and an SS race. We ran the mtbr booth and met a ton of new friends and old friends

click to enlarge​

In April, we had the first Norcal Roadbikereview gathering. On the first mile, a stick got in a spoke and two bikes were crumpled. MikeG had to go to the hospital. Note to self: road crashes are dangerous. Also, road rides suck for photos

click to enlarge​

Photo-John said we had to go to Fruita in May. So we did. This is the best trip ever. It will now be an annual thing. Stopovers at Goosberry and Moab

click to enlarge​

click to enlarge​

We had a little May by the Bay action on the hallowed trails of Santa Cruz

click to enlarge​

In July, Downieville happened after taking a year off. Few events can recover so quickly after taking a year off. Downieville can!

click to enlarge​

A lot of epic Soquel Demo rides happened in the summer

click to enlarge​

And finally, a photography student from San Jose State was able to capture Soquel Demo in all it's shaded glory.

The SF Grand Prix happened for the last time. My son has been to the race for the last four years. Next year, no more.

click to enlarge​

Ricky aka 'drevil' and Bigboulder came to Skeggs for a visit

click to enlarge​

Then in the fall, a massive ride occured at Henry Coe

click to enlarge​

Then an epic ride followed at Auburn

click to enlarge​

Finally, we close out the season with a Thanksgiving ride in Los Gatos

click to enlarge​

So happy new year to all! I think I'll stick to the same New Year's Resolution for 2006.

francois

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes it was a fine year for Bikes, Buds and Trails. Matching a face with there handle made it much more fun fore me. Mtbr and every one that is involved with this dot com has completely changed my mountain cycling. I was so in the dark for many, many years. Getting involved has opened a lot more trails and so many new relationships to forge for years to come. The past was good, but the future is looking even brighter.

JDT

·
Mtbr Founder
35,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joseph-da-trog said:
Yes it was a fine year for Bikes, Buds and Trails. Matching a face with there handle made it much more fun fore me. Mtbr and every one that is involved with this dot com has completely changed my mountain cycling. I was so in the dark for many, many years. Getting involved has opened a lot more trails and so many new relationships to forge for years to come. The past was good, but the future is looking even brighter.

JDT
Wsup Joseph! I saw you like 5 times this year. Every time was a treat man. You should try and make the the Fruita road trip this year in May!!

francois

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Sweet post! I'm hopin to start the new years off by gettin back into riding shape. Gettin married takes up to much valuable riding time!

After the Moab trip I did last March, that Auburn ride in Nov ranks up as my favorite ride. Good people, great location, and (for me) overcoming a crash & having no rear brakes made it a ride to remember.

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
francois said:

Great post Francis. Just what I needed after all this rain, inspiration that there is still plenty of time to ride. Ths will be my first full year of riding as I just began in Mey of 05. Looking forward to meeting more people and riding with friends from tis past year.

Sean

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Yes, great post, Francois...

smw said:
francois said:

Great post Francis. Just what I needed after all this rain, inspiration that there is still plenty of time to ride. Ths will be my first full year of riding as I just began in Mey of 05. Looking forward to meeting more people and riding with friends from tis past year.

Sean
it was a great year for riding for me. I did my first big group ride- MBTB in Santa Cruz and started riding regularly with others. It has been a very good experience and I thank you, Francois and all the people who make mtbr work, for enlightening my mtn. biking. Just like smw said, "Looking forward to meeting more people and riding with friends from this past year."

Thanks again,

Dwight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts