Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you think I should get? I'm looking for a race bike that can also handle 10ft. drops (with the occasional 12-15footer). I really like the M3 (probably one of the best race bikes out there), but can it handle the drops? The V-10 is also pretty damn sweet, and I know it can handle the drops, I just don't know how different it would handle compared to the M3.

I know the V-10 is aorund $600-$800 cheeper, price difference isn't really that much of a factor to me, but since I've never ridden either bike (in the 2004 model), I just wanted to get your opinions. Any advice???

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
hbfrdh1 said:
Which do you think I should get? I'm looking for a race bike that can also handle 10ft. drops (with the occasional 12-15footer). I really like the M3 (probably one of the best race bikes out there), but can it handle the drops? The V-10 is also pretty damn sweet, and I know it can handle the drops, I just don't know how different it would handle compared to the M3.

I know the V-10 is aorund $600-$800 cheeper, price difference isn't really that much of a factor to me, but since I've never ridden either bike (in the 2004 model), I just wanted to get your opinions. Any advice???
m3 will be able to take the drops fine. i personally would get the m3 to be a little differnt than everyone else. (so many people ride v10's) one issue though is availability. i havent heard any release dates from intense

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Availability

I received an e-mail from Intense about 3 weeks ago. They said that the first full production run was ready to ship, but they were all Mediums. I ride a Large, and they said that those would be ready to ship mid to late July.

·
Registered
827 Posts
either bike will hold up to drops just fine. pretty much any DH bike is gonna hold up to 10-15 foot drops, it's a matter of how smooth the rider is more than what the bike can handle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
m3 or v10....i looked at the title alittle different at first....i was just on a bmw m3 forum and i was still in that mind set so i thought it was gonna be somthin about a bmw m3 vs. its now older bro the bmw m5 with the newly developed v10...anyways just thought id say that stupid thing.....peace

p.s. go with the m3 for the drops.....lower top tube= more stand over the v-10 has that upwards bend in the top tube that would juts rob u of stand over and make a great nut cracker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.