Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the new unit and did I get it right that there now is an option for it to have 3 speeds and you pay extra for this or it comes with three speeds? Maybe I read it wrong. Also if there are 3 speeds is it an internal shifter since could not tell from website. Also would it be a good idea to put a flat bar on the new sutra if a person got one of these?

·
pepito
640 Posts
no and no.

the reference on the kona website to the unit having 3 gears is a joke. it's only got one gear. it's making light of the three ways to "ride" a singlspeed: 1. sit, 2. stand, 3. push.

as far as putting flat bars on the sutra, i wouldn't advise it. i could be wrong, but i would think the top tube on the sutra is shorter than a flat bar bike (i.e. dr.dew) to allow the use of drop bars. if you're interested in a flat bar road bike, got with the dr. dew, a bike designed for flat bar use.

the_dude

·
Registered
368 Posts
the_dude said:
the reference on the kona website to the unit having 3 gears is a joke. it's only got one gear. it's making light of the three ways to "ride" a singlspeed: 1. sit, 2. stand, 3. push.

as far as putting flat bars on the sutra, i wouldn't advise it. i could be wrong, but i would think the top tube on the sutra is shorter than a flat bar bike (i.e. dr.dew) to allow the use of drop bars. if you're interested in a flat bar road bike, got with the dr. dew, a bike designed for flat bar use.

the_dude
Thanks for answering that, it's cool that so many people on this forum are so helpful! Also, your name rocks. The Big Lebowski is one of the funniest movies i've ever seen.
Later,
Joe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.