Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I be paying for a new 2005 S-Works Stumpjumper at my LBS (MSRP is $5000)?

I saw/rode it today, and they are going to give me a discount price quote on Monday.
The bike, of course, is great and far more than I need, but if the price were right...
And yes I know: the Septune shock is suspect, XTR everything is overkill, there is a big premium for that S-Works logo and etc.

The same shop had an S-Works Epic ($5,500 msrp) discounted to $4,000.

Thanks,

Elliott

·
Registered
491 Posts
elliott_s said:
What should I be paying for a new 2005 S-Works Stumpjumper at my LBS (MSRP is $5000)?

I saw/rode it today, and they are going to give me a discount price quote on Monday.
The bike, of course, is great and far more than I need, but if the price were right...
And yes I know: the Septune shock is suspect, XTR everything is overkill, there is a big premium for that S-Works logo and etc.

The same shop had an S-Works Epic ($5,500 msrp) discounted to $4,000.

Thanks,

Elliott
It is known that most Spesh dealers typically don't sell for MSRP. So if they're saying like $4700, that is probably what they sold it for in March. I'd really look at the whole S-works thing as bragging rights, nothing more. I just built up a S-works frame from scratch for about $3400. It weighs probably less than 26 pounds. The one you're looking at is maybe 25.
Unless you race for a living or serious hobby, it probably aint worth it.
BTW, I am selling my new S-works on ebay right now!! I want a heavy-use bike (nomad or 6-pack) and can't keep my s works, too. :(
My buy it now is $2900, the auction is up to like $2000, ending tonite.
my .02c.

Jdub

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some people may think it's overkill or overpriced, but man ... it's a beautiful bike.

If you don't have to start eating beans to pay for it, and you have a smile on your face every time you ride it -- it's worth it.

As far as what you should pay, whether it's more or less than the '05 epic depends on your area and which bike fits the terrain better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.