Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the details of this fork? Did they make any significant changes like reducing the ride height? That's the only thing stopping me from buying one and I'm just wondering if they figured out that they don't need to make it so tall. The Go-Ride crown looks good but I don't want to fork out the extra cash.
Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
same height... Marzocchi believe that longer forks are better and it's what people want.

the lowers are slightly changed i think after a few of them cracking on the back on the leg.

there's an RC, R and VF model too, RC is like the current R. the '05 R and VF will probably be OEM only.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yep, lower crowns

The 2005 888R has lower crowns that look more like the Go-Ride crowns. Not sure if it will be standard or an option. Also they're tweaking the integrated stem a little to make more contact area on oversize bars. This is info I got from one of the Marzocchi reps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
watermoccasin said:
The 2005 888R has lower crowns that look more like the Go-Ride crowns. Not sure if it will be standard or an option. Also they're tweaking the integrated stem a little to make more contact area on oversize bars. This is info I got from one of the Marzocchi reps.
the axle to crown height in the 2005 specs is the same as 2004. no idea about the stem changes though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.