Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy wants to get into mountain biking and will probably be doing some light FR in no time.

He only weighs 140 lbs. I found this bike for $750 at supergo. Looks to have a good component build considering the price.

Anyone have experience with this bike or read reviews?

The frame looks to be built pretty strong. It's advertised as being a Freeride bike. HE won't be doing much more than 4-7 ft drops to tranny eventually.

What do you guys think? Good enough for a noob?

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=26074&lsubcat_id=7&lcat_id=7604&referpage=#

·
the target bike basher
777 Posts
heh, the mechs i dont think are super FR resistant, and the splice is really plush, theres no bounciness for jumping(FR is kindof jumping?) it would be overall good i guess, i have those same tires and there beastly...but what do i know im an idiot....

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
that would be pretty good for a FS freeride bike. but if you can convince him to get a ht he would get alot better component specs and proly be a bit more durable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.