Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sin Rider
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a killer deal on a new GT DHI and came across some complaints. Does anyone know if GT has corrected there swing arm problems of breaking? Or was there realy a problem at all?

·
Sin Rider
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
schnauzer said:
I just got a killer deal on a new GT DHI and came across some complaints. Does anyone know if GT has corrected there swing arm problems of breaking? Or was there realy a problem at all?
I guess there's not a big problem no responces so good!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just replyed to a similar question. And the answer is that GT reinforced the rear triangle on the DHI fo 05' near the BB ( to the best of my knowledge) I got a great deal as well, on ebay, so far I've taken a worse beating then the bike. The only complaint I have is the SPD seat broke at the tip the first day I had it on the trail. I am replacing it with the freeride version, hopefully this will be stronger.

·
Sin Rider
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also herd that the 2005 has been beefed up. I'm not to sure about the seat and seat post. No problems so far with the post but sure would like to replace seat with a Azonic love seat. To do that I would also need to replace post too. Maybe be later when the funds are better. But I got a band new 2005 for $1999 about half of mrps. Not a bad deal if I do say. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.