Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the annual Grimy Awards. Some of you are new to mtbr this year and I want to welcome you to an annual event that turns this dull discussion forum into a fun popularity contest that rivals any high school event--and you don't have to wear hip-huggers and glue a cell phone to your ear. Vote for your fave personalities on mtbr during the 2005 year!

Voting will be done using a simple Borda Count Ranking with each voter entering their top two candidates in order of preference. Votes will be tallyed at 2 votes for a, 1 vote for b. Sounds complicated? Just enter your top two candidates in order and don't worry about it
(if you duplicate a name, the lower ranking names will be dropped). And if you only have one name, just only put one down...don't kill yourself over this. Not all categories need to be completed, but try to complete as much of this as you can. Remember, your vote counts!

Happy voting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting instructions:

Copy the text below and paste in an email addressed to [email protected]. Fill in the blanks and send it. (Do not reply with votes to this thread). If you prefer not to let me see your email (I won't do anything with it), copy that text and Private Message (PM) grimymaster here on mtbr.com. Only one ballot per registered mtbr.com member, registered on or before December 31, 2005.

All voting stops at midnight PDT, January 20, 2006.

1. Poster you would most like to meet
a.
b.

2. Favorite male poster
a.
b.

3. Favorite female poster
a.
b.

4. Best flame poster
a.
b.

5. Best writing and stories:
a.
b.

6. Most Humorous:
a.
b.

7. Best photographs:
a.
b.

8. Best overall content (quality) contributor to the forum:
a.
b.

9. Favorite newbie:
a.
b.

10. Missing member you would like to see back:
a.
b.

11. Best tech advice:
a.
b.

12. Best discussion forum (e.g.: Passion, General, etc):
a.
b.

13. Worst discussion forum:
a.
b.

14. Poster you wish would go away:
a.
b.

15. Most likely to be confused:
a.
b.

16. Least likey to talk about bikes:
a.
b.

17. Poster with the most bike passion:
a.
b.

18. Favorite gathering (Even if you never been, which do you desire to attend?):
a.
b.

19. Best Avatar:
a.
b.

20. Lamest post of the year (please include a link if possible):
a.
b.

21. Best post of the year (please include a link if possible):
a.
b.

Comments to any above or suggestions (reference category number for specific comments):

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gregg, can you sticky this to the top?

BTW, I got a note that the mail didn't work. It did for somepeople. If you type it by hand, There are underscores that are hidden due to the hyperlinking.

[email protected] yahoo.com

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
I don't know anybody anymore.... can I lie on the categories?

:confused:

Semi-Old Phart

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
JimC. said:
someone I know. I was just thinking the same thing. Jim
With the "new and improved" MTBR there is hardly anyone that I recognize anymore either. I just quickly scan the subject matter, never look at the writers' names and without a visible thread (the best part EVER of mtbr) never see who does the answering.

Oh hi Jim, I just noticed that it was you who I was answering. BTW - don't change your avatar (yeah I did see that post!) as it's the best one here! Too funny.

·
beer thief
4,911 Posts
Hey, maybe Francis could have an old pharts forum (or we could hang out in the vintage/retro area).

The Grimeys have always been kinda gay, IMO. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Heck, this year's version is even spelled wrong (compared to previous years, anyway).

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
radair said:
Hey, maybe Francis could have an old pharts forum (or we could hang out in the vintage/retro area).
Hey good idea Rad! We could kick out the newby punk-ass people eh? We could talk about our friction shifters, quill stems, Dalerider and make fun of Brad Trent! What was the question again?

Heck, this year's version is even spelled wrong (compared to previous years, anyway).
See, some people have NO sense of history.

·
beer thief
4,911 Posts
Speaking of BT, did you get his Christmas card? (maybe they don't let his sh!t flow north of the border...)

Steven Spielberg(!) - and I thought Jenna Elfman and Brett Favre were impressive.

·
beer thief
4,911 Posts
*rt* said:
my sources tell me that the birthday fairy is on extended vacation. besides, she doesn't recognize anyone here now either.

rt <---- familiar with the fairies
Hmm, I always suspected MA was the BF. You, being a former Canadian resident, are adding fuel to that theory. Or maybe it was you all along?

Anyway, she never did me. ....Uh, that doesn't sound quite right, does it?

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
radair said:
Hmm, I always suspected MA was the BF. You, being a former Canadian resident, are adding fuel to that theory. Or maybe it was you all along?

Anyway, she never did me. ....Uh, that doesn't sound quite right, does it?

Don't let BG hear you say that :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I totally agree!

I'm to much of a lurker to know anybody...anyways, where's the catergory I won 3x in a row?? Until Crasher stole my crown :(

M-U-M said:
I don't know anybody anymore.... can I lie on the categories?

:confused:

Semi-Old Phart

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
What? Aren't my e-mails geting through?

I can't believe that there STILL isn't a "Best Looking Bovine Avatar" category. Sheesh.

I guess there's always hope that enough booze-hounds out there will vote for the Slatyfork Shuffle, but they seem to be the forgetful lot, go figure.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
radair said:
Speaking of BT, did you get his Christmas card? (maybe they don't let his sh!t flow north of the border...)
Steven Spielberg(!) - and I thought Jenna Elfman and Brett Favre were impressive.
Oh yeah I got Trenty's self-gratifying, ego-stroking xmas card. I'm sure Canada Customs deliberated whether to let it through or not. Where is the big poof anyway? He breezes in about once every twenty months and then he's gone again. And to think, I came *this* close to giving him CPR. I still heave at the thought. I'm surprised I don't have nightmares.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts