Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help us nail the GITA dates soon! We've got a couple of options - read through the initial posts and chime on in....

Basically we're looking at either a summer gathering or a fall - leaves changing - series of dates. The idea of hosting the event during a regional or worlds race has been kicked around and has it's merits. As does the idea of centralizing the locale to minimize driving and maximize socilaizing/beerizing/bbqing and so on.

Link:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=91310

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!

Please do try and make it out....

What date(s) did you vote for...?

We have the potential this year to do an actual overnight, supported ride. The half-way point is a campground where we could shuttle a few vehicles worth of gear out to. Lot's of homework to do, and still a longshot, but if it's a go it could be an epic, fun, super-duper component to a gathering!

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
Overnight - that sounds like fun!

Kirk - I may go also - possible car pool action.

I am all about 3 days of SBT-type rides. I might not even be last if there's a beer wagon waiting and the end of the trail...

I voted for the early MSC weekend because I can't make the middle two and I didn't want to wait until October. Plus, I might actually go to the MSC race in AF as well...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I voted for the Oct one...I like the idea of doing it in Fall, but could likely swing the July one...Aug would be tough coming right on the heals of our gathering up north, plus having it so close to ours may have people who are riding the fence only go to one:

RMH 05

Cool Tom...I'm willing to bet quite few people from the front range will be heading down.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep the comments comin'!

Thanks guys - all feedback is great.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
ibmkidIII said:
I'm willing to bet quite few people from the front range will be heading down.
I'm certainly thinking about going to this. Some of my riding buddies from Oklahoma went last year and couldn't say enough good things about it.

I voted Oct, as I always start really trying to ride a ton towards the end of the season.

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
Jdub said:
Some of my riding buddies from Oklahoma went last year and couldn't say enough good things about it.
Those two guys were cool guys...and strong riders! I rode with them, well behind them, for a couple of days. I don't think they're MTBRers so make sure they're aware of both GITA and the Rocky Mountain High Gathering here in Colorado...get'em out here!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
rapwithtom said:
Those two guys were cool guys...and strong riders! I rode with them, well behind them, for a couple of days. I don't think they're MTBRers so make sure they're aware of both GITA and the Rocky Mountain High Gathering here in Colorado...get'em out here!
Brent W. is a MTBRer, but I think he is mainly a lurker.

Link to his profile

I've been advertising the RMH gathering to the two big riding clubs in Oklahoma via the message boards. I told Brent & Chris both they were welcome to stay with me for the gathering. I expect we'll see them at one or both of the events.

And yeah they are both really strong riders, and apparently only getting stronger this year.

·
rohloff rich
397 Posts
Jdub said:
And yeah they are both really strong riders, and apparently only getting stronger this year.
Yep, I remember when they showed up and one of them had shaved legs and a Saeco jersey, I thought, "the B ride is going to be a little slow for him..." and it was. Very cool to have folks from OK show up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.