Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have just seen some 2005 Giants (lower end stuff + Iguana + NRS3 + XtC 2 + XtC 3) in LBS...

Giant are putting lower spec components on 2005 bikes as compared to 2004 bikes and charging the same amount of money. Cutting cost!!!!

It's a good thing I just bought a 2004 NRS - SWEET THING!!!!

TAKE MY ADVICE - BUY 2004 GIANTS!!!! DO NOT TOUCH THE 2005 GIANTS!!!!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Hmm

I am always suspicious of people's first posts. Maybe this is SPAM? Some shop owner who has way too many 2004's left? Not sure. Maybe it could be true, but i don't think so. Somebody else did mention Giant stooping down to a lower level. I do think that Giant will continue to make high end bikes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
racer said:
Hi All,

Have just seen some 2005 Giants (lower end stuff + Iguana + NRS3 + XtC 2 + XtC 3) in LBS...

Giant are putting lower spec components on 2005 bikes as compared to 2004 bikes and charging the same amount of money. Cutting cost!!!!

It's a good thing I just bought a 2004 NRS - SWEET THING!!!!

TAKE MY ADVICE - BUY 2004 GIANTS!!!! DO NOT TOUCH THE 2005 GIANTS!!!!
What you are talking about is in Australia only. The 2005 bikes for the USA are going to be upspec'd not down spec'd, trust me. The new entry level bikes for 2005 Giants in the USA will not be out till Jan and Feb of 05. Giants USA bikes that cost over $1000 will be coming out this fall.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ILxcMTNbiker said:
What you are talking about is in Australia only. The 2005 bikes for the USA are going to be upspec'd not down spec'd, trust me. The new entry level bikes for 2005 Giants in the USA will not be out till Jan and Feb of 05. Giants USA bikes that cost over $1000 will be coming out this fall.
I thought that Giant spec'ed down from '03-04 myself. Who cares just buy a bike stuff breaks you upgrade its a vicous cycle

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
VaNRS2 is right...

At least comparing the '03 and '04 models and at least for the Warps, they were downgraded. Period.

I hope this would change for '05

1 - 5 of 5 Posts