Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2005 Giant XTC Composite Frame

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Circlip 
#1 ·
I finally got my race bike that was being built for me guys albeit a little late. I know a few of you were interested when I was going to sell it, but I just wanted to make sure that my new bike tested out, before I decided to sell the proven Giant. So, anyhow, the frame is now up for sale on Ebay. Listing# 7149684267.

Good Luck!

#2 ·
Guys,

Unfortunately some scam artist sent me a phony cashiers check for $4,500. He told me to send him $2,500 back via Western Union and that he would have a courier pick up my frame (he would give me $2,000). This is above retail, even though I am including a bunch of extra parts....so I thought I was real fortunate and maybe this person could not buy the frame overseas Anyhow, my bank caught the check before I Western Unioned him funds or sent my frame.

Anyhow, it is back up for sale on Ebay. The new listing# is 7154642373

Here is a link to it below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7154642373&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

#5 ·
TheRedMantra said:
I am not sure if its the MTBR ad.....but I think so. I use to always think that a cashiers check or money order was as good as cash and always sent items promptly when I received one.

I am sure any of you that have sold a car or something else have done the same thing. From now on, make sure you call the bank before sending any goods regardless. Lesson learned....thank God it didn't cost me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.