Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the spec. will change dramatically from 2004?
Fisher's website doesn't offer anything on the 2005's yet, that I could see.

What about price?

TIA
Don

·
Old School
75 Posts
I want I want I want

Yeah, what he said. Enguiring minds want to know. I'm selling my bike(s) right now to get one of these and hope to get the new fox shock on the '05. Am I dreaming?

BTW -

'01 fuel 98 for sale - $800 OBO 19.5" frame stock but for new tires and 180mm xt cranks
'94 Retrotec - $600 with wheels, $450 without. large long & low frame. hugi/mavic wheels, ritchey rigid fork.

gotta get me a big wheel.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
festus said:
Yeah, what he said. Enguiring minds want to know. I'm selling my bike(s) right now to get one of these and hope to get the new fox shock on the '05. Am I dreaming?

BTW - gotta get me a big wheel.
Which Fox shock do you speak of? Do you mean the new Rock Shox?

·
Registered
323 Posts
2005 Fisher line

Even though a few of the 2005 Fishers have hit the market...mainly Hybrid bikes, Comfort, and some lower end MTB bike (ie Tarpon, Advance, etc.) and also the specs on the Sugar 4+ have been released...there is very little word on the rest of the line. The 2005 Fisher line will not be officially released to the dealers until the Trek Show in mid August. Most of the line will not be available in stock till Sept-Oct. The fisher website will not reflect the 2005 line until well after interbike...probably Nov-Dec. Your still a bit early for specs on the '05 most everything right now is pure speculation. It is unknown at this point whether the 29er Reba will be ready in time for OEM use ot not. Most of these bikes are beginning to be manufactured now and I don't know if the Reba 29er is available in the kinds of numbers it would take to spec it OEM...but we'll see. I'm sure the 26" Reba will be use by Fisher and it would be nice if the 29er was too. I do know Fisher will be spec'ing the few new Manitou forks (don't remember their names at the moment). Post this thread again in mid-late August and I'm sure you will get a lot of info. Don't be surprised if Fisher releases a few new 29er's that we don't know about yet (besides the Rig). I hear Fisher is going to try and hit the $500 range in a 29er next year.

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
I do not know a lot aboute 2005 - but there will be 3 hardtail and 2 full suspension bikes (like this year) - i do not know if the 3 hardtail contain the singlespeeder. the hardtails will have a total new frame so i'm waiting for 2005! ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
2005 Montare

My LBS--(the BikeLine in Carmel, IN) has one of the new 2005 Montare in stock--well, probably more than one, but one on the floor. I didn't take any time to really check out what it had on it, but looked like Bontrager superstock wheels, and Avid Mechanical Discs for $1099. A much more simple, but not as nice graphics/paint scheme, metallic silver (nice)with black type(eehh). It is my understanding that this is the replacement for the Dual Sport 129/229 (don't know which one). I guess the only big question would be the shock, which I didn't pay any attention to, and the tires are pretty much hybrid tires.

they seemed to think that there was a 29er coming that would be in the $599 price point. I will believe it when I see it--or is that the single speed?

just thought you might like to know.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The_Real_Cyclesmith said:
As far as price goes I know we're seeing increase in prices across the board for 2005 (I think its like 3%-5%). This is going to happen to all bike companies as the price of raw materials has gone up...
Well that's bad news. If they were smart, they would switch from using raw materials to using refined materials. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
shark67 said:
It is my understanding that this is the replacement for the Dual Sport 129/229 (don't know which one).
The Montare is a replacement for the 229. Here's a pic off Dexter along with the specs.

It has an Advertised Retail of 1099.99, Suggested is 999.99

Sizes SM (15.5") | MD (17.5") | LG (19") | XL (21") (Sizing)

Main frame Platinum Series ZR9000 double-butted aluminum | Genesis 29" Geometry

Fork Manitou South Elite | 75mm travel

Headset Aheadset, semi-cartridge, sealed

Bottom bracket Tru Vative Giga-Pipe

Crank Bontrager Select 48/36/26

Pedals Shimano M505 clipless

Front derailleur Shimano Deore

Rear derailleur Shimano Deore XT SGS

Shifters Shimano Deore LX

Cassette SRAM PG950 11-34 9spd

Chain Shimano HG-53

Front wheel Bontrager Superstock 29" disc-specific wheelsystem

Rear wheel Bontrager Superstock 29" disc-specific wheelsystem

Tires IRC Mythos XC Slick 700x42c

Brakes Avid BB7 mechanical disc w/Avid FR5 levers

Handlebar Bontrager Select

Stem Bontrager Sport

Saddle Bontrager Race Luxe | Hollow cromoly rails

Seatpost Bontrager Sport

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
PDG60 said:
Does anyone know if the spec. will change dramatically from 2004?
Fisher's website doesn't offer anything on the 2005's yet, that I could see.

What about price?

TIA
Don
Don, after reading this I just checked Dexter, which is the TCG Dealer site... no word yet on the X-Caliber. Once info is posted I will post it for you here unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
russw19 said:
The Montare is a replacement for the 229. Here's a pic off Dexter along with the specs.

It has an Advertised Retail of 1099.99, Suggested is 999.99

Sizes SM (15.5") | MD (17.5") | LG (19") | XL (21") (Sizing)

Main frame Platinum Series ZR9000 double-butted aluminum | Genesis 29" Geometry

Fork Manitou South Elite | 75mm travel

Headset Aheadset, semi-cartridge, sealed

Bottom bracket Tru Vative Giga-Pipe

Crank Bontrager Select 48/36/26

Pedals Shimano M505 clipless

Front derailleur Shimano Deore

Rear derailleur Shimano Deore XT SGS

Shifters Shimano Deore LX

Cassette SRAM PG950 11-34 9spd

Chain Shimano HG-53

Front wheel Bontrager Superstock 29" disc-specific wheelsystem

Rear wheel Bontrager Superstock 29" disc-specific wheelsystem

Tires IRC Mythos XC Slick 700x42c

Brakes Avid BB7 mechanical disc w/Avid FR5 levers

Handlebar Bontrager Select

Stem Bontrager Sport

Saddle Bontrager Race Luxe | Hollow cromoly rails

Seatpost Bontrager Sport
I hope that is the bottom line model because it looks Huffy cheap. You would think the GF people would spice it up a bit to attract buyers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
brewdog said:
I hope that is the bottom line model because it looks Huffy cheap. You would think the GF people would spice it up a bit to attract buyers.
I agree, not at all impressive. With the GFers coming out so late and the fact that they may not be on the web site until nearly the holidays, I am looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
92 Posts
VACowboy said:
I agree, not at all impressive. With the GFers coming out so late and the fact that they may not be on the web site until nearly the holidays, I am looking elsewhere.
I guess I am just a little confused by this post..... So late in the year??? It's August! Of 2004!!! The Montare is a 2005 bike! It's not at all late in the year, it's 5 months early. And how do you figure the website may not be updated until the holidays? Which holiday are you thinking? Labor day? OK... sarcasm aside, usually the websites for Trek bikes and their affiliates is complete by the end of September with info for the next year model bikes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
russw19 said:
I guess I am just a little confused by this post..... So late in the year??? It's August! Of 2004!!! The Montare is a 2005 bike! It's not at all late in the year, it's 5 months early. And how do you figure the website may not be updated until the holidays? Which holiday are you thinking? Labor day? OK... sarcasm aside, usually the websites for Trek bikes and their affiliates is complete by the end of September with info for the next year model bikes.
Well dip sh*t, I will explain it to you. Most items in retail that are labeled 05 arrive long before Jan. 05. Secondly, an earlier post stated "The fisher website will not reflect the 2005 line until well after interbike...probably Nov-Dec."

·
Registered
92 Posts
VACowboy said:
Well dip sh*t, I will explain it to you. Most items in retail that are labeled 05 arrive long before Jan. 05. Secondly, an earlier post stated "The fisher website will not reflect the 2005 line until well after interbike...probably Nov-Dec."
Well turdburglar, you just made yourself look like a moron... how is it that if the stuff comes out "long before Jan. 05" which the Montare will, does that show that the Fisher stuff is "coming out so late"? That bike will be available in 2 freaking weeks. It would be nice if you knew what you were talking about when you talked sh!t on here. I can't really blame you for not knowing, but to be a fu#ktard and insult those who do know is just plain stupid. As for the other part of your quote: "and the FACT that they may not be on the web site until nearly the holidays" just shows you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Some of the 05 bikes are on the web as we speak if you just knew where to look, which I would have been more than happy to tell you if you hadn't been such an assmunch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
And you know, the funniest thing about all this is that I actually went up to the bike shop I work part time at today specifically to see if my shop still had the 04 XL X-Cal that we bought in stock still. I was going to offer to help you out if you still couldn't find one since I saw you were looking in another thread... .but then you go and start insulting perfect strangers on the internet who could help you out, and for what? Because you are mad that the 04's are all sold out and you seem to think that 05's available in September is too late for 05 bikes to come out...... guess I won't be doing you any favors...even though I have both that X-Cal in stock and a 2003 XL Mt. Tam with about 100 miles on it too.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Guys, guys...

Name me 1 bike that ever hit the market and had new-model Shimano on it. Any bets when the first LX 2005 cranks will be seem on 2005 bikes? It won't be August...
Kona likes to offer new models in May. Mostly because they didn't dare commit to big enough numbers to last a season. Not 1 new Shimano part was found on the "new" Kona's, it's often just a different color bike with a slight frame update.

·
Registered
81 Posts
russw19 said:
And you know, the funniest thing about all this is that I actually went up to the bike shop I work part time at today specifically to see if my shop still had the 04 XL X-Cal that we bought in stock still. I was going to offer to help you out if you still couldn't find one since I saw you were looking in another thread... .but then you go and start insulting perfect strangers on the internet who could help you out, and for what? Because you are mad that the 04's are all sold out and you seem to think that 05's available in September is too late for 05 bikes to come out...... guess I won't be doing you any favors...even though I have both that X-Cal in stock and a 2003 XL Mt. Tam with about 100 miles on it too.
If you read the entire post, he got sh*tty first. You will also read how another poster stated that the ENTIRE line would not be online to the end of the year. That is poor no matter how you want to defend it. I guess you also cannot understand that in retail, most companies do not wait for the start of the calender year to reveal their products, especially when the winter months are the slow season. In essense, the fall is a poor time to rotate a product line. Perhaps if bike more companies would go to business school, they would not have to keep buying each other and could afford some back stock.

Lastly, if you really want to trade insults, come on up to Virginia or we can meet at your bike shop the next time I am in FL, which will be next month. Lets see how tough you really are then.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
This is the first time I recall a thread on this board to ever turn bad, I closed it, I'm not very interested in who started it, and neither are the hundreds of fellow 29" enthousiast members.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.