Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for Bruce Brown for posting on the 29" forum.
It can already be found on the website-under-construction.

http://www.fisherbikes.com/archive/...e=Rig&year=2005
Announced some time ago already, this is the first official picture of it. Not the suspension corrected 3-piece "Switchblade" Bontrager fork and Bontrager SS cranks.
Earlier Fishers got one big critic : too low BB's. Well, they've raised it by almost an inch, to 315mm. For me a chance to put longer cranks on it, and combined with a tall seated seat and old skool 425 Sycros post (yes, a 27.2mm Fisher!) get away with that long seat tube extention ovre the toptube, done for standover clearance my 39+" ineseam obviously doesn't need. The rest of the geometry is the much-lauded Genesis, which turns out oh-so nicely with 29" wheels. Chainstays are a fraction longer, perhaps because of the EBB, and perhaps anticipating the 29x2.35" WTB Epic Wolfs.
Price is rumored to be around $850 complete. A superb ticket to both 29" and singlespeed. If it features some cableguides and derailerhanger, it may prove a non-risk chance to try SS for interested riders on a budget.

·
Registered
138 Posts
the ride

yeah, the ride was nice with a WB.8, the ridgid fork can only make things better. Bont. also has a new 29" tire coming out soon, I think it's gonna be a racier one. The new drop outs that are disc spec. are the nicest touch this year from Fisher. This bike should be a hot one.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, you rode it? Any other news you have to share with us? Do you remember if the dropout were SS dedicated?And how are dropouts disc-specific?
A racier tire, hmmm... Tell us all!

·
Registered
138 Posts
yup

Got to give 'er a go at my single speed race and down in Philly, not the ride that my I.F. is but much nicer than former G.F.s. The drop outs are the same for the new Fishers, kinda like what is on the Cakes for '04, just happy to see the disc adapter gon and the mount intigrated into the frame. The new tire promises to be large volume (2.25?) with more of a Revolt type tread, light, and fast. That's all I know.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Almost certainly hacked accounts. Look for a shady link in the signature soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts