Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
the new single crown maverick looks awesome, i can't wait to hear how it performs. i hope fisher got the paint issues fixed this time since so many people seem to be having problems.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Butt-ugly paint schemes? I call any marked reduction in bright, eye-searing red a vast improvement in paint schemes!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
. . . there are far more serious issues with the 2004 Cakes...
Care to elaborate or point me in the direction of the thread discussing the issues? I was considering a Cake for my next bike. . . .

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
I still think my 2004 Cake 1_DLX looks better than all those 2005.
I'm sorry... I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but...

2004 Cake 1 DLX

2005 Cake 3

... I'm just not seeing the world of aesthetic difference here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ahahah

ahhaha that's funny !!!

and, um, why is there no cake 2 ??? i'll be damned if it's silver. cuz that's what i want!

Their Cake 2 DLX

My Cake 2 DLX (yes, that's a carbon swingarm!)

-XT Crank
-Titec Hellbent XC handle bar
-WTB Velociraptors 2.1
-Specialized Telluride saddle

SpinWheelz said:

2004 Cake 1 DLX

2005 Cake 3

·
Registered
54 Posts
nuker said:
ahhaha that's funny !!!

My Cake 2 DLX (yes, that's a carbon swingarm!)

-XT Crank
-Titec Hellbent XC handle bar
-WTB Velociraptors 2.1
-Specialized Telluride saddle
Did you buy the carbon swingarm? If so how much was it?

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
carbon swingarm

it was a warranty replacement.

the original one was gouged from all the chainsuck so my LBS had fisher send in a new swingarm. it was a surprise to see that they shipped the carbon version. it has the v-brake bosses on it.

i think my LBS told me it would have cost them over $450 CAD for it.

Cakester said:
Did you buy the carbon swingarm? If so how much was it?

Thanks

·
I like Cake.
109 Posts
I have seen the actual paper catalogue for the 2005 fishers. There is a cake 2, and Cake 2 DLX. I am not sure why they are not on the website. I for one think that the paint schemes for this years bikes are great. I have the cake 2, which quite honestly I was heavily influenced by the paint, because I probably would have been just fine with a cake 3 dlx but did not like the paint. A few of the cakes have only a 4" travel on them this year, which seems strange to me because it seems like that would compete with the Sugar line up which is still in the catalogue as well. I really really like the dark red and black paint on the cake 4, too bad about the component set up though.

They also have 2 different downhill bikes that looked pretty neat as well in the paper cataloge, not that I have any use for a downhill bike on the coast of virginia but neat none the less.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2005 catalog?

where did u score the catalog?

WickedPaul said:
I have seen the actual paper catalogue for the 2005 fishers. There is a cake 2, and Cake 2 DLX. I am not sure why they are not on the website. I for one think that the paint schemes for this years bikes are great. I have the cake 2, which quite honestly I was heavily influenced by the paint, because I probably would have been just fine with a cake 3 dlx but did not like the paint. A few of the cakes have only a 4" travel on them this year, which seems strange to me because it seems like that would compete with the Sugar line up which is still in the catalogue as well. I really really like the dark red and black paint on the cake 4, too bad about the component set up though.

They also have 2 different downhill bikes that looked pretty neat as well in the paper cataloge, not that I have any use for a downhill bike on the coast of virginia but neat none the less.

·
I like Cake.
109 Posts
LBS let me Peruse a copy of it

nuker said:
where did u score the catalog?
I am pretty friendly with a lot of the guys at the local shop so they let me see their preview copy yesterday. There is a lot of nice looking stuff for this coming year in it.

I like seeing Gary going back to his hippy roots with the neon paint and cool schemes.

That neon green cake 1 is gorgeous.

·
Registered
121 Posts
just you

yep, it's you.

:p

EBasil said:
--is it me, or does that look like the elevated/non-drive side of the swingarm is on THIS side of the rear tire?

--What's the price-point for the 1 DLX with that Mav fork?!

--Heh, heh...they ditched the 1.9" tires.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
SpinWheelz said:

Yeah, but the green one --- Eeeeewwwww....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts