Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden the new 6" enduro on an epic ride in terrain with climbs? I'm curious how the bike does on long rides with good quantities of climbing. I know it isn't imtended to be the fastest climber around, but I want to know if it wears you out. Please mention what kind of bike you are comparing it to.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've taken mine out in the Belgium Ardennes (which is kind of hilly compared to Holland) and participated in a 60 Km tour with my Enduro S-works. At that time, the bike was setup ultra light with short 125mm forks and light wheels, so it climbed great. Apart from when it got really steep (like where you climb 30m every 100m travelled), the rear starts to sag about 1cm on the shock and rebounds each revolution of the cranks. This gives great traction but takes getting used to. I was running 60 psi in the SPV chamber, so maybe with more pressure, the bobbing might be minimised, will try that on my next ride in Belgium, but now I have the Fox 36 fork installed with heavy duty wheels, so climbing will suffer a bit.

·
Shut up and RIDE!
222 Posts
My s-works climbs as well as hardtails!

own154 said:
Has anyone ridden the new 6" enduro on an epic ride in terrain with climbs? I'm curious how the bike does on long rides with good quantities of climbing. I know it isn't imtended to be the fastest climber around, but I want to know if it wears you out. Please mention what kind of bike you are comparing it to.
I have some riding buddies that uses hardtails and i can keep up with them easily and sometimes they can't keep up with me. I guess it depends on the rider. You will get used to the weight. Mine weighs around 28lbs. but with stan's and the fifthe element shok, it pedals much much lighter. Maybe like a 25lb bike. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.