Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure where to post this. I am looking at buying a 2005 dorado and putting it on my 2005 norco team dh. The only thing is the dorado only has a 7.5 inch steer tube with an integrated stem and I am not sure if it will fit so I was hoping someone on here might be able to let me know if that will be to short or not. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Jesus Christ, MTBr sucks.

Measure your headtube+headsetcups (stack height). Add half an inch or so for the top crown. If you're less than 7.5 inches when all is said and done, you should be okay.

I assume it's a direct mount stem, no? If not, you've gotta factor in a stem as well.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Have you gotten the fork yet? I've got an '05 Dorado and will soon be cutting my steer tube when I switch to a direct mount stem. If 7.5 is too short for you, maybe we can swap.

I've got a direct mount top clamp now, but don't have the stem yet and Manitou is out. Anybody have one, or an e-thirteen stem that also fits a Boxxer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.