Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
They have been in business for over 3 decades... they say anyway. I would call them up and get some info. I would tell them that the prices are so good that they look too good to be true.

But then again they are selling a 2005 Nomad for 1900.00 complete.

I don't think so. :rolleyes:

·
Don't touch me!
839 Posts
The have free worldwide shipping (can't beat that deal with a stick). And a Square Trade graphic on their home page. There's a powerseller graphic too. And lets not forget the blurry CC graphics showing which CCs they accept, even though their shopping cart doesn't work... But they accept a third party escrow service. Looks legit to me.
:nono:

Or you could give me the money. I live in Columbia, SC. Give me that $1600 and I'll drive down to Charleston and get your bike. I swear.
:D

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Avoid!

Many of the brands they "offer" do not allow internet sales, even of old stock.

There is no way in the world they can legitimately sell a new 2005 Ellsworth FS tandem for $1200.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Also, FWIW - they are not listed in the yahoo yellow pages for charleston SC. no bike shops at all, or at least shops containing "tod" "tod's" "bicycle". I am pretty sure those are the same pics from the scam shop in MT that Cdale Tony mentioned...

Dont do it.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
3,266 Posts
When they claimed to be from Helena, some shop IN Helena was b***ing about all the calls they got asking about the 'ghost' shop.
Wouldnt you just love to bump into one of these scam artists....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew it!!! lol

I figured it was a scam but was hoping maybe a local biker would run buy and either beat the living crap out of the scammer or maybe actually get a great deal. lol

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Scammers have been stealing a lot of legitimate IDs off Ebay and listing under them. I've been reporting this one guy who keeps coming back. I even emailed him and told him I'd shut him down each time he came back. He emailed me back with a smiley face so I'm doing this with a vengeance now :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.