-TruVativ carbon bars
-Thompson Elite post and stem
-XTR hubs, Stan's Olympic rims, DT revolution/competition spokes
-SRAM 990 cassette
-Maxxis Crossmark tires
-Selle Italia SLR or Flite saddle
-Includes spare derailleur hanger

It's been advertised for$ 2400.00 CDn .

Anybody have any opinions on the components or price ?

I appreciate any feed back !

Thanks !

Attachments

·
one more time
539 Posts
The Blur Classic is a superb rig - looks like a nice build also. High end components. I have a couple of SC bikes - one of which is a blur classic and despite being 4 years old it still get used alot, cant seem to part with it.

$2400 is probably a bit rich but ultimately any bike is worth what you are prepared to pay for it - $2000 is probably more realistic.

Do you have an opportunity to take it for a test run?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody else?

I'm looking at going from a Titanium hardtail to this bike . I do a lot of climbing . How would any of you rate this Blur as a climber ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blur Classic

I have an '03 Classic and I love it! Even by today's standards, it's an excellent suspension set up. I have had none of the pivot maintenance problems that everyone talks about. It's a great bike.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Tiss a great bike. I rode the heck out of my 05 Blur till my Moj SL. I put a 140mm talas fork on it and it made handle even better. (Note not rated for that fork but who cares at my weight.)
2400 ? ouch.
I really preferred my Blur classic over blur xc flex machine or too heavy LT < for my preferred riding. Ask about the bearings and wear on the bores. If he has consistently water hose washed they could be an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.