Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I'll say I liked Jeff's personal bike better :)

I also nominate the Lenz Behemoth, as it looks like it will change the market most. The WB BW 1.3 fork was made with that bike in case.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cloxxki said:
I'll say I liked Jeff's personal bike better :)

I also nominate the Lenz Behemoth, as it looks like it will change the market most. The WB BW 1.3 fork was made with that bike in case.
Are we talking bikes in general, or specific bikes that have been listed.

For instance, we've got the "aquajones" nominated, and then we have the general "The Lenz Behemoth".

Thanks!

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
TheSingleGuy said:
mine, 'cause I get to ride it!

OK, gimme a break, it's my birthday, and I'm spending it alone a long way from home.....
I haven't had a chance to try the AquaJones yet, but the best I've ridden this year is my Mute. However, because it's theSingleGuy's birthday, I vote for his bike also :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I was going to vote for Ventana El Capitan (big surprise). But I think I'll make it a second vote for TheSingleGuy's bike. Happy Birthday!

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
Top New Bikes/Frames of 2005

Lenz Behemoth for opening up a whole new 29"er category with an excellent quality, excellent working big trail bike (going from rider reports, I haven't ridden one).

Ventana El Capitan for bringing the legendary Ventana ride, quality and customer service to the full suspension 29"er world. I haven't ridden one of these yet either but would love to.

Fisher Cobia for bringing a very capable and off-road worthy, geared 29"er to the market for an unheard of and very agreeable price. I own one of these and have ridden the crap out it and I love it.

The Soma Groove looks like the awesome bargain and new hardtail design of the 2005 29" frame world. It's steel too! :D

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
One Niner.

Even though i'm totally in love with the Jeff Jones Ti frame, there is no way I can get one for years.

So i'm nominating the One Niner as bike of the year, because it works so well, and the guys at Niner Bikes are committed to the 29'ers.

I cannot fault my own One Niner SS. It does everything excellently, and makes me seem a better rider than I am.

R.

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Pauliemon said:
I was going to vote for Ventana El Capitan (big surprise). But I think I'll make it a second vote for TheSingleGuy's bike. Happy Birthday!
Thanks P-mon and Drevil! You guys put a big smile on my face!

My bike is a KM - just like Drevil used to ride, but with less flashy handlebars. ;)

It's a great bike AND I get to ride it!

Cheers,

Chris

·
gray hair in my shammy
414 Posts
2nd The KM

JoeP said:
This bike gave a lot of people (including myself) their first sweet taste of 29erism. Even though I'll be selling mine to make room for my sexy new 29er Ti hussie, you never forget your first love, no matter how green, heavy, and ugly she is. :)
Same here, KM my 1st 29er. They're a hell of alot of bike for the $$.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe we need to break it up into two categorys. Production bike of the year (KM El Cap, Moth Rig etc and owners bike of the year like the AquaJones, SingleGuys bike, Padres Moth etc.

Thoughts?

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
ozlongboarder said:
Maybe we need to break it up into two categorys. Production bike of the year (KM El Cap, Moth Rig etc and owners bike of the year like the AquaJones, SingleGuys bike, Padres Moth etc.

Thoughts?
Good idea, imo..

R.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Set aside the Karate Monkey

ozlongboarder said:

Thoughts?
Maybe we should also have a Legendary Bike category. I'd nominate the Karate Monkey. 29"er dominance since 2003! :p You could also nominate Willits New Sherrif, or maybe the Leviathan.

My "owners bike" nomination has to go to mikesee's Black Sheep single speed with the braced fork. Awesome!

New Bike nomination to Niner's One-Nine for creating such a huge buzz this year.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Production Bikes:
Lenz - Behemoth
Ventana - El Capitan
Gary Fisher - RIG
Niner - One Nine

Members Bike
Aquaholics - AquaJones
Mike C's - Black Sheep SS
The SingleGuys - KM

I know there are more especially in the Members Bike category.

Do we need a legendary bike Category? What else is there apart from the KM?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.