Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fiancee is heading up to Durham for the Fly Gurlz group ride so I figured I'd tag along and do some riding solo.

How are the conditions at Durham / Glen Major and the Walker woods Interconnect?
Any new trails been created / upgraded in the last year?

Chad

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Chad-WL said:
The Fiancee is heading up to Durham for the Fly Gurlz group ride so I figured I'd tag along and do some riding solo.

How are the conditions at Durham / Glen Major and the Walker woods Interconnect?
Any new trails been created / upgraded in the last year?

Chad
I had been away at school for the last 4 years, and I just got back to uxbridge. I was riding glen major, and durham forest on the weekend. Quite a few changes since I last remember. Durham seems to have new trails and I must say I am totally enjoying them! On a sad note Glen Major has lost a lot of trails due to closures. I used to be able to get lost in that forest quite easily but not anymore. Maybe this is a good thing? Glen Major was getting abused, so I have no problem with what the Conservation people are doing.

As for trail conditions, durham forest is for the most part very ridable, one or two areas are a bit wet still. Glen major, has quite a few areas that a boggy so try and avoid them for now. Otherwise get out there and ride!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I just got back from DF. No real wet spots to speak of, mostly dry even after all the rain we've had. It was a quick ride so I just stuck to the "tree loops". Since this is my 1st year riding up there I can't fill you in on any changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.