Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this X-Cal for some time now. The only time I would ride it was for XC races, and a ride preceeding the race to get acclimated to the bike. I never disliked the bike, but it was so different from my other bikes, meaning, "fragile", and very "XC-ish". The wheels on it were less than stellar, even in '04. The drivetrain had become worn out from use, and needed replaced. A lot of components were beyond their servicable life. I figured that I was going to make this bike over in a way that would be more "trail" oriented, and less XC-race oriented, ie; 24" bars with 80mil stem, etc. This is the near end result. I say near, because the tires on it are temporary, I am still waiting on my Schwalbe order of Racing Ralph 2.25 Evo, snake-skins. I am using flats on it now too. I am sick of bringing "riding" shoes along when I load the bike. I ride so much dh and urban, that I just prefer riding flats, period.

2004 Fisher X-Cal lrg
Reba QR 100mm
Sunline V-One OS 19mm rise 28" wide
Truvativ AKA stem 60mm
Crankbrothers Iodine directset
ODI Ruffian grips
Avid Juicy 7's 160 F&R
X9 Shifters
LX Fr Deral
X9 R Deral mid-cage
951 chain
980 Cassette 11-34t
Truvativ Stylo Crankset 24/36t 175mm length
e13 DS BYOB(steel, dual chainring, bring your own bashguard)
Shimano 29er tubeless wheelset
Bontrager QR post clamp
Bontrager King Earl zero offset post
Titec Ithys saddle

For now;
Conti Mountain King 2.4
Kenda Nev 2.2(it's a huge 2.2)

weight 28.6lbs

Yesterday was the maiden voyage. We went to White Clay Creek. The bike performed great! Its a different animal and I like it! Although, don't we all love our new creations or latest acquisitions? Seriously though, I am thinking I will be riding this bike much more now:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Salsa Horsethief; 2021 Surly Krampus
852 Posts
Nice makeover. Used to ride White Clay alot when I was in school up there. IMO, Northern DE has some of the best, unknown riding on the east coast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.