Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to get my new bike!

I sold my bike today and got on the phone to order my Trance1... i can't wait!

Now i already got a few mods to do on it as soon as it gets in:

- Manitou Minute 3 w/ IT (or Minute2 100mm, undecided...)
- Manitou Swinger 3-way
- Hayes El Camino w/6in mudcutters
- Slimmer tires... not figured out which!
- XTR shifters (got them at home)
- Easton Monkey lite SL bars

That's about it for now... It should be great to ride... Now i can't wait to get it!

I'll post pics as soon as i get the bike (should be next week or so)

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Congrats man, you must be totally itching to get the new ride. I had to settle for the T3 'cause of my size and it not being available in anything other than a T3 at the time, could have afforded a T2 though :( Mine's "en transit" right now and I should hopefully get it in about 10 days.

For any who have a Trance, what's the BB clearance to the ground, GIANT doesn't list this in the geometry. I'm getting a 22" if anyone happens to have a big frame for comparison. Also curious what length cranks they come with - hope it has more ground clearance than my current bike, I'm sick of "grounding off" on rocks and crap with the pedals.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
BigJay said:
I can't wait to get my new bike!

I sold my bike today and got on the phone to order my Trance1... i can't wait!

Now i already got a few mods to do on it as soon as it gets in:

- Manitou Minute 3 w/ IT (or Minute2 100mm, undecided...)
- Manitou Swinger 3-way
- Hayes El Camino w/6in mudcutters
- Slimmer tires... not figured out which!
- XTR shifters (got them at home)
- Easton Monkey lite SL bars

That's about it for now... It should be great to ride... Now i can't wait to get it!

I'll post pics as soon as i get the bike (should be next week or so)
Why would you ever put a "band-aid" shock on a bike thats fine with a normal shock? Leave the RP3...

-TS

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not that i don't like the RP3... but here in Montreal, we get our FOX service by a dealer that isn't worth S***. That guy is both the supplier AND the dealer. He sells all FOX forks at costs and then charges you DOUBLE on tune-ups.

If i go with Manitou stuff, i get all my tune-ups from the distributor and my best friend is in charged of the warranty departement at that supplier... it's a lot easier that way... and i'm always riding on Manitou stuff for years now...

I love FOX products but since the service S____ in the east, there not getting my support!

If you want to call them and ask for a price on a tune-up go ahead (www.velocycle.com)... It's January now and money's thight for him... even though you bring in an almost brand new shock, he'll charge you a full overhauld and rebuilt and will not give you your old parts cause he says he's not allowed to! That's complete Bull*****...

FoX doesn't get much support in the Montreal region because of him... almost no one wants to carry their fork and shocks because they won't be able to sell above cost! That guy pays the supplier's price and makes is margin from there...

But i repeat it again: I LOVE FOX products... they just deserve a better distributor!

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will also get two sets of Crank Brothers Candy SL (also for my road bike), the blue will match perfectly (yeah right!)

·
Registered
119 Posts
did you get your trance yet////

BigJay said:
I will also get two sets of Crank Brothers Candy SL (also for my road bike), the blue will match perfectly (yeah right!)
did you get your trance yet////

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope... still waiting for it...

Delivery dates for Trance 1 in Canada is first week of april... It's taking forever... the Candy SLs are waiting... Heck, I'M WAITING!

I can't wait...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts