Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is benny web from Australia here posting my first thread on this impressive mtb forum.
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the 2004 S-Works HT with full XTR components and Rock Shox SID Team Forks. I use it for some XC riding and commuting in the beautiful city of Sydney.

·
Registered
168 Posts
benny web said:
This is benny web from Australia here posting my first thread on this impressive mtb forum.
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the 2004 S-Works HT with full XTR components and Rock Shox SID Team Forks. I use it for some XC riding and commuting in the beautiful city of Sydney.
Hard to go wrong with the XTR stuff. If it's an '04 bike and a HT, you should be getting a really good deal on it or I'd pass on it.

FWIW - I have a Specialized M2 Team HT, all XTR and about 23 pounds - It just hangs on the wall since I got a FS bike. ;) If you're going to spend the $$$, the FS bikes are more confortable and fun - IMHO. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chutist said:
Hard to go wrong with the XTR stuff. If it's an '04 bike and a HT, you should be getting a really good deal on it or I'd pass on it.

FWIW - I have a Specialized M2 Team HT, all XTR and about 23 pounds - It just hangs on the wall since I got a FS bike. ;) If you're going to spend the $$$, the FS bikes are more confortable and fun - IMHO. :D
Hey Chutist,

I got the bike for $2600 and i thought that wasn't bad.
What did you use your HT for that ultimately made you get the FS? I ask this because i am only really an amateur rider and i am not into drops and smashing my bike around.
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
endurowanker said:
can't say i'm a fan of the sid fork. they are pretty noodly. but you can always upgrade. full XTR is always nice.
endurowanker,

What would you recommend as an upgrade from the SID? And what differnece would a less 'noodly' fork have on my bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOY said:
It sure is a nice bike but unless you can "park" your bike where you can see it all the time, I would not be using such a bike commuting in Sydney.
WOY,

Yeah mate, you're right! I mean to get a U-Lock from the shop pretty soon so i can have some peace of mind. Do you know much about U-Locks? I use a combination lock that i simply wrap around the seatpost when i'm riding, but a don't know what i would do with a big heavy U-Lock when riding. Any tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
benny web said:
Hey Chutist,

I got the bike for $2600 and i thought that wasn't bad.
What did you use your HT for that ultimately made you get the FS? I ask this because i am only really an amateur rider and i am not into drops and smashing my bike around.
Thanks
What made me buy the FS? I wanted a new bike...simple as that. :D I just ride XC but on some pretty rough trails from time to time. The FS bike is just more fun for me. ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
benny web said:
big heavy U-Lock

Thanks
No big heavy u lock is good enough, I know of someone who had their Hayes hydro calipers stolen from their locked down bike, that's right only the calipers and they simply snipped the brake lines..... for you there there are seat, seatpost, wheels, etc, etc. to worry about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.