Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i live in California and just bought a 2004 kona scrap fully stock and basically brand new. the bikes awesome. i mite up grade the the cranks and sprocket. i have truvativ husselft right now with a kona k-nine guard. i mite uprade it but im not sure. what should i do. i also want a new fork maybe. i ride mostly dj but also urban and whenever possible ladders and other smaller northshore style stuff. i also want to know if neone here lives in the east bay california and would tell me any good places for dj or other freeride, anything good somewhere near oakland.thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Go with a new fork, wait till your derailleur brakes before your replace it. I would go with a Marizocchi Dirt Jam Comp 120mm, Drop Off 130mm, Dirt Jump 130mm or a Sherman 130mm.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
JRuss said:
Go with a new fork, wait till your derailleur brakes before your replace it. I would go with a Marizocchi Dirt Jam Comp 120mm, Drop Off 130mm, Dirt Jump 130mm or a Sherman 130mm.
I'd go with a Sherman or a Marzocchi, but not the Dirt Jam. I'd get the Z1 FR (nice fork, friend has one) or the Drop Off 130mm since they seem to be very similar. I've got the DJ1 (130mm oem version) and love it also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.