Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Joe Kona. I have some questions regarding frame warrenty on my 04 King Kikapu. There is a hairline crack on the top of the left side chain stay where the drop-out is welded to the chain-stay. I didn't notice it until a took the bike apart to overhaul/service it. One more thing. I stripped the paint off of the frame because I wanted to repaint it a different color. I didn't notice it until I did a closer inspection. I haven't painted it yet pending your answer. I know the factory warrenty on the frame is 5 years. What can Kona do? I really enjoy the bike and it took me 14 months of test riding other bikes to decide on the Kikapu. Thanks.

Mark Sullivan

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.

Man, Kona answers e-mails fast! Got an answer from Ed about the warrenty and he said to just take it to the LBS that I bought it from with the paperwork and they would handle the warrenty claim. FYI for all you thinking of repainting your Kona while it is still under warrenty...double check with Kona. Ed told me that they have a shop in Portland that is authorized to custom paint Konas. Anyone else does it and it voids the warrenty. Thanks again, Kona.

Sincerely,

Mark Sullivan
The Cycle Path

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.