Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rocky Mountain ETSX 70 with a 2004 Fox talas RL fork and float RL AVA rear shock. I have had the bike in storage for about 2 years without riding it. I broke it out today and cycled the shock a bunch first with me off the bike then checked the sag and then cycled the shock a bunch with me on the bike. It feels pretty good and the sag and shock pressure are both good. I checked the seals and they look good with no signs of damage, tears, or dry rot. The bike was hung upside down for the whole time but every 4-5 months I got it down and filled the tires with air and cycled the shocks then hung it up. I rode the bike at least 100 to 150 hours total over 2-3 years then no riding for 2 or so. The shocks have never been overhauled or had the fluid changed.

Will I damage anything beyond repair by riding the bike tomorrow? No big drops and as far as I know it's a pretty tame set of trails. I think I read some singletrack and a few technical climbs but nothing big as I am in Delaware and there just isn't anything high enough around here to be too challenging (I don't think). I want to ride and my 1FG is just not ready to go as I am waiting for a few parts to get it going.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suspension felt great! I am surprised but I won't push it so i will ride this season on it and send it off for service either from Fox or Push. By the way anyone ride at Iron Hill in Delaware? Not bad but it was hard to follow the trails as they weren't marked that well, unless I just couldn't find my way around. I rode for 1.5 hours and got a little taste of the park. Not being on a mountain bike for 2 years really hurt my fitness and technique even though I ride 60-100 miles per week on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.