Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
LS1 Brent said:
That's a good deal on an '04, but the '05 looks better IMO. I say buy the '04 though. MAke sure you get a smaller frame though, they run really big. If you need a 17" buy the small.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Beau said:
That's a good deal on an '04, but the '05 looks better IMO. I say buy the '04 though. MAke sure you get a smaller frame though, they run really big. If you need a 17" buy the small.
i rode a small it was either a small or Xsmall, cause my knees were hitting the bar. it belonged to a younger kid and he was smaller like 5'2'' and i'm 5'9'' so yeah. it's a nice bike, i would buy it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
freerider167 said:
i rode a small it was either a small or Xsmall, cause my knees were hitting the bar. it belonged to a younger kid and he was smaller like 5'2'' and i'm 5'9'' so yeah. it's a nice bike, i would buy it.
Yeah, I have a 8.2 Medium (17.5"), and it's big! I cut the seat tube brace off above the top tube with a saz-all, so it's better, but they have long top tubes IMO. I'm 5'9" so it's ok. I bought mine for XC riding. But go smaller for dj/ds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beau said:
Yeah, I have a 8.2 Medium (17.5"), and it's big! I cut the seat tube brace off above the top tube with a saz-all, so it's better, but they have long top tubes IMO. I'm 5'9" so it's ok. I bought mine for XC riding. But go smaller for dj/ds.
I also got a 2004 8.2 in medium.I like it,tough bike.

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
yeah those frames run ridiculously huge. im 6'2" and ride a med for everything, for xc the seat is a little far back so on the steep stuff it picks up really easy, but then ya just stand up and pedal the hell outa it. its a killer bike. i have the 8.3 and the frame and components are bomb. i dont know about the 8.1 components for the 05 but the 04 arnt that bad for that price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.