Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MassiveAttack
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if any of the more expereinced riders can help me isolate a problem that I just noticed on bike today, after a ride.

The gear and chain started making scratching sounds towards the end of the loop. And I was wondering if the sprokets or 'shifter' may have either bent or moved slightly off line.

I flipped the bike and took a closer look and didnt see anything that was apparent.

Anyone else with a 04 that had this problem?

Any ideas - before I take it into a shop to check out.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
313 Posts
sounds like you have some cable stretch on your rear derailleur. You can try adjusting the barrel adjuster and doing it yourself. If you have never done it, perhaps get the shop mechanic to do it for you and teach you how.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Could easily be related to the chain line problem many other riders have noted with XT / XTR equip riding big rings in the back on the middle ring in front. If that's the case, your local Specialized mechanic should be albe to resolve with a shim between on rear hub... Several readers have posted in similar topic, suggest you do a search. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.