Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the damn weight of an '03 Pack frame? I've seen so many conflicting numbers, does anybody actually know? Is this thing really 9.5 pounds with a coil shock? I'm not trying to build an XC bike here, but I do want to have some ability to hammer every now and then, and if it's really 9.5#, that's going to be tough to do. Talk to me..

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Pothole said:
So what is the damn weight of an '03 Pack frame? I've seen so many conflicting numbers, does anybody actually know? Is this thing really 9.5 pounds with a coil shock? I'm not trying to build an XC bike here, but I do want to have some ability to hammer every now and then, and if it's really 9.5#, that's going to be tough to do. Talk to me..
No '03 model. Last year for the RFX was 2002. My 18" '02 RFX was a smidge over 9lbs on my bathroom scale with Vanilla RC shock (600lb spring), seatpost collar and King Steelset. Not that accurate, so 9.5lbs is probably about right. The 2005 Six Pack is lighter, I think. Not sure of the exact weight.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, cool. I think I'm up to speed now...'02 last year of the RFX, then it morphed and came out as the Pack in late '04. Weight somewhere around 9-9.5 # depending on size. That's alot of bike....climbs pretty well though I'd imagine?

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
too bad for us both. if it was simply a gravity rig, ya might want a med. maybe. try some of the forum shop guys as they have some '06 rfx's left and goin cheap, not to mention fast.

krispy at go ride
larry at mountainhigh
chad at red barn
and iggys shop whose name ive forgotten.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.