Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a review of the Mountain Cycle Slix full suspension bike. Can't find anything online, has anybody heard of or have any experience with this bike? Thanks in advance for any input. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
scrider said:
Looking for a review of the Mountain Cycle Slix full suspension bike. Can't find anything online, has anybody heard of or have any experience with this bike? Thanks in advance for any input. :confused:

Scrider ... The Slix is an awesome bike for the money, it was a very popular model for Mountain Cycle. If i remember right DirtRag ran a feature article on the Slix about 6 months ago, and the bike came away with stellar reviews. You might try calling Dirtrag at 800-762-7617 or e-mail them at [email protected]...i'm sure they will be more than helpful.

later, Chad

BTW if i can be of any help locating one please let me know....I'm also a MC dealer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://redbarnbicycles.com/

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
If I remember the Slix was not very well reviewed by Dirt Rag, they commented about the weight of the frame and that is was not a good climber.

·
Motion activated
3,241 Posts
http://www.bobs-bicycles.com/

Check out the bike in the top right corner.

Haro werks XCS (aka Intense Tracer) made by Intense. $699 with free shipping. :D

I was looking at the Slix, but I just don't trust anything Rockshox. That and the fact that it's not a true 4 bar.....

The Haro, Azonic and the Turner Burner ($950) are all better bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forget about it

Thanks for all the inputs. Based on the review article above, and other comments, I'll pass.
I'm actually looking at it for my wife. She doesn't ride extreme stuff, mostly fireroad and some rocky terrain, so it's gotta be a good climber. She has a bad back, so the hardtail is beating her up. I'm looking for a bike that climbs well and provides some cushion for her back.
Considering the Weyless. Okay okay, it's Supergo, but like I said, she doesn't ride extreme stuff. Or the Superlight, but too pricey. Any other suggestions for a frame $600 or less?

·
Registered
571 Posts
scrider said:
...Any other suggestions for a frame $600 or less?
Azonic Propulsion for $599 at at Price Point. A licensed Horst link and Romic coil.

Cambria has the Ellsworth Joker XC for $599. Not on their site, you have to call them up and order over the phone. Limited sizes though because they are just clearing out old inventory. They had Med (17) sizes when I called last week.

Supergo has their Weyless single pivot frames on sale for $50 less now. Set aside all the Supergo jokes, those Weyless frames are popular here in the W. Los Angeles area and some of my riding buddies are quite happy with them. I am eyeing one of those single pivots myself. $450 for the 5th Element Air, not too shabby. Weyvoless has posted alot of good experience w/ the Supergo warranty dept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts