Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve done some research and it seems the fork is what people only complains about but as someone who lives about a mile from work and take it on some trails (nothing extreme).

would this be a good buy at $140? It has a rear bike rack so technically the bike itself without those would be about 90-100 alone..

its in very good condition.

·
Cycologist
10,338 Posts
If everything works and is in good condition (and it fits as jcd said), I'd say that's a pretty good deal. If you have to replace all the brake and shift cables and housing (unless you have it already and know how to do it) and/or pay someone to fix a bunch of stuff, not such a great deal. If the fork is in bad shape, not a good deal. If you don't need the rack, you can sell it and make it a little bit better of a deal.

EDIT: just noticed it is listed as condition "fair"; that would be a concern that it will need $ put into it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. He said everything works, looking at the picture I don’t see any rust.

I plan on keeping the rack as I’m using the bike to ride to work which is close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.