Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you say a 2003 GR Sugar3+ with new tires is worth? I may be trading some stuff for one but I need to know the bike is worth around the supposed $600.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
It may be the only unbroken one in existence.

·
since 4/10/2009
30,118 Posts
I doubt I could get that much for my bike, and it was much more expensive to start and I've put many upgrades into it over the years. it's the same age, FWIW.

if it's had some upgrades, it depends on what's on it...are any of the parts worth anything? say, if it's got a King wheelset or something on it, you might be looking at something worth that much for the parts if you ignore the frame.

bone stock and 9yrs old? f no.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,571 Posts
Did they tend to break down frequently?

Yes......while they are nice bikes....for the time. Gary Fisher bikes have a history of frames breaking.

They had a life time warranty.....bit you are buying used, so it does not apply.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
$250 - and check the carbon swingarm for cracks.
I had a Sugar 2 I picked up on Fleabay for $200 and made into a 69er. It was a fun bike.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I paid $500 for a 2003 sugar 293(the 29er version) 4 or 5 years ago off ebay. Haven't broken it yet :). Its been a good bike after some upgrades and while I wouldn't sell mine for $600 I wouldn't buy one for that either.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,571 Posts
I paid $500 for a 2003 sugar 293(the 29er version) 4 or 5 years ago off ebay. Haven't broken it yet :). Its been a good bike after some upgrades and while I wouldn't sell mine for $600 I wouldn't buy one for that either.

Had the same bike.....mine cracked in about 3 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts