Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some advice on purchasing this bike its a 2003 Cannondale Gemini 2000.What do you think would be a reasonable price to pay for it.
The components list consists of Mavic DeeMax wheels with Michelin DH 24 in the rear and a DH 16 in the front (both new). On top of running tubeless tires I also have Stan’s no tubes liquid in there as well. The brakes have been upgraded with new goodridge brake lines. The seat is a WTB laser pro v and the seat post is Thomson elite, the cranks and bb are Shimano saint with an e-thirteen chain guide, 36 tooth ring (both are newest addition to the bike). The rear XT derailleur has been replaced in the past season along with the rest of the drive chain. The bike will come with a 600lb and 500lb spring for the Romic shock. The 2006 Rockshox boxer race is brand new with 3 rides on it total ($700 value alone!!!!).The stem is a bontrager big earl (50mm) with a big earl bar 31.8mm clamp size, rear shifter is XT with a new cable and housing.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Whoever you are buying it from will try to sell it to you at a higher than desired price because of the new fork...everyone tries to do it. Regardless...a 2003 Gemini 2000 is pretty solid. Cannondale's are well made, and the component spec seems up to par.

I'd say go for it with a price range of around 1,200 dollars. You may see a steep asking price if you go for it (Since the seller will proabobly nitpick and value up all these individual upgrades he did) but the fact of the matter is it is still a 3 year old frame.

Great bike...just be carefull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.