Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode alot in high school and college, but havent ridden in 10 years. I am in the MidAtlantic so trails consist mostly of single track with moderate incline/decline and various obstacles (streams, logs, roots, rocks). I started riding again in the spring and broke my old ride out of storage (a Nishiki, circa 1993). After a few rides, I decided it would be smart to pick up a new bike so i purchased a Cannondale 2006 f400. F400 has been ok, but already had to replace the headshock and I am looking to upgrade to a FS bike and was hoping to get input. A LBS has a 2003 SC Blur for sale (owned by a store technician) for ~$1,500, bike has XT components, hayes hydrolic discs, DT swiss rims, RockShox Sid World Cup. I rode it and It appears mecanically sound and the ride was sweet. I could also pick up a Rush 600 for about the same price at another LBS. My question is should i pick up the Blur, the Rush or is there another bike line i should look at? I am 6'0", about 170 lbs with a 33" inseam. I ride 3-4 times a week for ~20-25 miles and will likely be able to ride from April - October. I had forgotten how much i loved the sport and would like to get a solid ride that i can keep around for a few years. Thanks in advance, wscott

·
Cereal Killer
342 Posts
I've riden a SC Blur, and currently own a Cannondale Prophet, almost the same as a Rush. While both bikes have their own characteristics, your probably better off with the Blur. For the price, you're getting much better components. The Rush 600 components are not going to be that great, and you'll probably pay more too. So if the Blur fits you well, the I would go for it. Much better ride, as far as the way the rear end feels, in my opinion. I had a Blur, but it was a size too small for me. Still rode like dream. The Prophet is good too, but I've found that the back end wonders around a lot, partly due to it being a single pivot. Kinda un-nerving sometimes, I don't like the feeling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.