Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own both the above bikes. Both complete and original. Super V has been my main bike. Jekyll was taken in to save from who knows what and is a project. Both have headshoks that are shot.

I have become lost in researching parts and procedures to replace the headshok with another fork. Rockshoks are likely the replacement.

My question is can someone who has replaced their headshok with a conventional fork please list a parts list?

I'm keeping both bikes. I enjoy riding the super very much. I know new tech bikes are better, better geometry, etc. I'm old. Ride for fun and exercise. Into basics. No huge drops or basically stunts that will exercise my healthcare insurance. I can shred a knee faster than a hill.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Spend the $200 to rebuild each of the Headshoks back to new. Mendon Cyclesmith rebuilds them better than factory.

·
Sneaker man
3,379 Posts
haha, you know what, that guy has been around on the VRC section of the site for aaages, loads of posts and a Mod...but I ... I guess because the username wraps to the next line in the box or something... always thought he was Meldon Smith (who out of interest fixes headshocks)...never even clued in that it was the name of a store/business and not a name!!! The things you learn.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Another shout out for Craig at Mendon Cyclesmith! Rebuilt my Super Fatty Ultra DL Headshok and made it better than new!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Aw, man. Sweet bikes. Reminding me of my Delta V - that bike had the SWEETEST paint of any bike I've ever owned. It was also one of the original Headshoks with Marzocchi internals.

I also had the opportunity to ride one of the prototype Ravens when I visited the HQ in Connecticut a long, long time ago.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts