Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Brand newbie here, so please don't flame me!

I have a 2002 Gary Fisher Mt. Tam that is in almost new condition that I want to help our son sell. He's just had shoulder surgery, and is laid up, so I told him that I'd look into this. We bought the bike new, but about a month later he started at a new school in the mountains{ski racer}, and ended up sticking with a 26" bike. He built a Santa Cruz Blur the following summer. The 29er has probably be ridden about 50, maybe 100 miles on trails. That's it. It literally was ridden about two weekends.

It's completely stock, and original. I searched the forums and found this link for specs: www.fisherbikes.com/archive

The frame is a medium. I was pretty excited about how this was put together when we bought it. 9000 Alloy frame, mostly XT components with a XTR rear der, good Bonty stuff, Marzocchi MXR fork, etc. It's the color they called flippin green.

Other than a couple of very, very light scratches on the clear coat, on the top tube, you would would think that it has been sitting in a bike shop. Maybe in a 29er museum.

So what I'm trying to figure out is what a fair price might be. I'm thinking something in the $500-600 range, but I just don't know. It's used, but it really is barely used. There is zero wear on any of the components. We also have his original HKEK, and that's heavily used and probably a gimme to a neighborhood kid, thought it looks great. Just to explain my view of "used." We're just north of Boston.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
small member
610 Posts
Bought the exact same bike (02 Mt Tam) in a XL (too big for me) last year for about 500$, but I'm in Switzerland where 29ers are really rare. Stripped it down and used the build kit for another 29er. Tried to sell the frame for 160£ but no takers yet...

·
Banned
960 Posts
e bay is the place to sell it,sell it complete,take some nice pictures.....I would start the auction at $700.00 . if you want to go for more or less,give it a shot

check my auctions and 100% feedback on 700 plus deals under....

starliving

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I'd take out a wanted ad here on mtbr.com - pay your two bucks - and list it for $600.00 or best offer (maybe even less if you want a quick sale) and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.