Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What linkages are available for a 2001 Switchblade. I will most likely be riding in 4-5" range and would prefer the ability to switch between the two if need be.
Is there an adjustable linkage offered?

In addition to that, what is the preferred shock setup? Pushed Float or RP3? I have both the short(4" linkage) and long (5.7" linkage) travel float shocks.
Spence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
The RP3 won't fit on the 5.7" links. The bulge at the end won't fit between the two plates. The only option there is to Push a standard float at best. If you want to use the RP3 on the long travel set you'll need the 5.25" rockers which were designed to clear the wider 5th element. These links are extremely difficult to obtain at this point.
 

·
Do It Yourself
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
Spence said:
What linkages are available for a 2001 Switchblade. I will most likely be riding in 4-5" range and would prefer the ability to switch between the two if need be.
Is there an adjustable linkage offered?

In addition to that, what is the preferred shock setup? Pushed Float or RP3? I have both the short(4" linkage) and long (5.7" linkage) travel float shocks.
Spence
The standard links are 4.5" and 3.75" travel adjustable with a 6.5" shock and will fit the RP3 fine. The 5.7" travel links use a 7.87" shock and you're limited to the Float unless you use some washers and longer bolts. Personally, I think the bike rides the best around the 4.5" mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homebrew said:
The standard links are 4.5" and 3.75" travel adjustable with a 6.5" shock and will fit the RP3 fine. The 5.7" travel links use a 7.87" shock and you're limited to the Float unless you use some washers and longer bolts. Personally, I think the bike rides the best around the 4.5" mode.
I want to say that the '01 SB came with a 4" only linkage. Do you know if the 3.75"/4.5" link will fit the '01 SB?
If so, would I need to get this from Titus? I have not seen any for sale on MTBR/ebay.
Thanks
 

·
Do It Yourself
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
Spence said:
I want to say that the '01 SB came with a 4" only linkage. Do you know if the 3.75"/4.5" link will fit the '01 SB?
If so, would I need to get this from Titus? I have not seen any for sale on MTBR/ebay.
Thanks
I had an 01 SB when they first came out. The standard config is 4.5" and 3.75" with the 6.5" shock. Travel is adjusted by moving the shock bolt on the link. The LT links have 5.7" only with a 7.87" shock. Later they came out with 5.25" links compatable with the 5th Air/RP3 and other fat can shocks. There never were 4.0" only links though.

Which shock length do you have? Got pics of your bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Spence said:
I want to say that the '01 SB came with a 4" only linkage. Do you know if the 3.75"/4.5" link will fit the '01 SB?
If so, would I need to get this from Titus? I have not seen any for sale on MTBR/ebay.
Thanks
The 01/02 SB came standard with a 3.75"/4.5" rocker. There should be two holes for the shock to mount on it. Either on in front or behind the bolt depending on what setting its currently at. If it only has a single bolt hole then those are the long travel ones. If this is the case, the Float should be mounted reversed with the fat side of the shock between the links and the shaft bolted onto the innermost hole in the front triangle. If its set the other way around with the canister facing forward and bolted onto the outer hole then its wrong and you are riding with some crazy steep geometry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Spence said:
What linkages are available for a 2001 Switchblade. I will most likely be riding in 4-5" range and would prefer the ability to switch between the two if need be.
Is there an adjustable linkage offered?

In addition to that, what is the preferred shock setup? Pushed Float or RP3? I have both the short(4" linkage) and long (5.7" linkage) travel float shocks.
Spence
If you don't go with the long travel linkage, I'll buy em off ya.

email me if interested sanders9000 at hotmail dot com

Thanks
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top